•18•

{chapter art is made by Na_dii02 on Twitter! Please consider checking them out!}
-----------------------------------------------------------

{Vanessa's pov}

I laid down face up on my bed. It was 4:30 in the morning and I was trying to ignore the somewhat physical manifestation of a virus from a game that took the form of a bunny mascot. Why did he have to invade my life. Why did he have to invade my brain!?

Was he digital? Physical? I don't know. He was there, though. Sitting in the green bean bag chair in the corner of my room. The greenish yellow rabbit mascot wore a purple vest with stars on it, and a purple bowtie. His bright purple eyes were staring at me. "Vanessa." His voice took me by surprise. I sat up to see that thing staring at me. "What do you want?" I say with a hint of anger on my voice. "Come on, don't give me that." I huffed slightly. "What are you doing here?"

He put his hands in his lap. "I just wanted to talk. Why isn't that brat you call your friend and roommate not dead yet? I thought I told you to take care of her. What do you think will happen if she finds out about the-"

"Don't talk about her like that! I'm tired of being your puppet." I snap at him. He snickers before those snickers turned into full blown laughter. "Jeez, sweetheart. Didn't know you had it in you." He wiped away an invisible tear. "Don't call me that. Besides, she won't find out. She can't find out."

"Sure, what ever you say. If you can't get rid of her or that walking sack of metal, I'll take matters into my own hands. You hear that? I'll tell her everything and make her suffer." I felt my heart drop. "You wouldn't..."

His smirk widened. "Oh, but I would! Tick Tock, Kid. Time is ticking. Get to it."

"What!? But-" and just like that, he was gone.

I started to panic, thinking of what will happen if I couldn't make him happy. I don't want her getting hurt but she'll end up getting hurt, one way or another.
-----------------------------------------------------------
{Y/N's POV}

I felt myself being shaken awake. "Y/N! It's time to get up! Up! Up! Up!" I slowly opened my eyes to notice the lights were on. I guess Moon went ahead and turned on the lights so Sun could get me up. "Mornin' Sunny..." I sat up and yawned while stretching my arms out. I checked my phone to see a text from Alex.

'Hey! Just to remind you that I'm dropping Annie off around 7 o' clock.'

I looked at the time. 6:25. I have plenty of time to get ready. I grabbed a cute but comfortable outfit and a towel before taking a shower. After I was finished, I did some finishing touches before going back to my room and checking the time. 6:50.

"You look so pretty! Oh, I love you! I love you, I love you, I love you!" He brought me into a tight hug. I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. "you're such a sweetheart, sunny." I gave him a kiss on the cheek which resulted in steam coming out of the cracks that separated his joints. I heard the doorbell ring.

"That must be them! You stay right here, I don't want you scaring her or her dad, sorry." He giggles. "It's okay! I can surprise her!" He raised his arms in the air. I gave him a soft smile before going to open the door. "Oh, Y/N! I got worried that you weren't going to open the door." I saw Alex, dressed up in his usual business attire with Annie at his feet. She was wearing a puffy pink and white dress with frilly socks and a bow in her hair. "I hope you're able to take care of her until around 6 to 6:30 this evening. Is that okay with you?"

I nodded. "Yeah It's fine." He smiled before looking like something just came to mind "Oh, just to let you know, she normally is supposed to take a nap around 12:00 pm. Also, try to refrain from giving her sweets of any kind. Sugar makes her very hyper. Its fine if it's like a one time gift situation but not repetitively. Is that okay?" I nodded. "That's good." He bent down to talk to his daughter. "Be nice to miss Y/N, alright? Don't give her any trouble." She smiles and nods "yes, dada." He ruffled her hair slightly muttering a "good girl" to her before getting up. "I'll see you two later, have fun." We waved as he left.