Chapter 4 - Mission Report, Autobot Base

The Master Chief sat inside a large, Autobot vessel with his Mech teammate in front of him, who was typing a report for their recent mission. The Spartan-II shifted his gaze outside the main entrance of the ship, the light reflecting off his golden visor, and scanned the area.

From outside, Chief could see the immeasurable destruction and chaos that decorated the planet Cybertron, smoke and fire gathering across the land in great abundance. The Mech lifting his optics from the data pad and looked towards the soldier, a knowing look in his gaze.

Mech: "I wouldn't stare for too long; Most can't handle the chaos in large portions."

His warnings seemed to fall on deaf audio receptors as Chief continue staring out towards the source of catastrophe, his form unwavering as he leaned closer towards the entrance. The Spartan's companion prepared to pull the Chief away, until they suddenly spoke.

Chief: "Watching everything fall apart, it helps to remind me what I'm fighting for."

Mech: "Hmm. How far are you willing to push yourself, though?"

The only response from Chief was a deadening silence that enveloped the entire vessel, creating a tense atmosphere between the two Mechs. Though no words were spoken, the Spartan's silence said everything; He'd stop fighting once he's dead, and no sooner.

The Cybertronian always admired people such as the Master Chief, who fought for something greater than fame and glory. It became abundantly clear that this Spartan was exactly what the Autobots needed to win this war, and hopefully restore Cybertron to its original glory.

The rest of the flight was rather uneventful as the two Mech's sat in complete silence. It wasn't long before they arrived at their destination; A large gathering of metal towers, roads and walkways that were covered in a wide flurry of rust and tattered wiring.

All colour -much like their hope- had been completely drained from the world, leaving only a dull shade of grey in its place. The streets were piled with battered metal beams and tilted walls that'd crashed against the main walkways with immense force, rendering them useless.

This was the Autobot base, or rather what was left of it since the War of Cybertron first began.

Chief took in the horrifying spectacle of destruction with immense pity, being reminded of his old home world -Earth- during the Human-Covenant War; The chaos and dread was thick in the air, leaving those who wandered through it with an unwavering...

Chief took in the horrifying spectacle of destruction with immense pity, being reminded of his old home world -Earth- during the Human-Covenant War; The chaos and dread was thick in the air, leaving those who wandered through it with an unwavering sense of hopelessness.

Noticing the aura of death that leaked from the Spartan's form, the Mech stood up from his seat and grabbed the side of the door, leaning out to get a better look of the landscape below. He looked out for only a moment before his optics retreated from the worrying sight.

No matter how many times they saw the broke monuments, it never grew any less dishevelling. Rarely anyone could gaze upon its dystopian visage for more than a few moments before it was too much to bare, but Chief's optics never left the rusted terrain. Not even for a nanosecond.