Chapter 6 - Wreckage

The ride back to the Autobot Base was eerily quiet, the Master Chief sitting by the far end of the shuttle as his recently-salvaged scout rested beside him; it had been a long day for the young Mech, and he needed a LOT of recharge.

For some odd reason, Chief didn't require much sleep compared to when he was human. He could only assume Primus had something to do with it, but saw no reason to complain. Instead, he chose to spend his free time relaxing and preparing for his meeting with Optimus Prime.

Almost five hours passed before the shuttle finally reached its destination, arriving in the same landing bay he'd originally used when regrouping with Ultra Magnus. This time, however, there was far less Autobots on the premises as most had left to continue fighting in the war.

Venting to himself, Chief stood up from his seat, carefully grabbed the young scout and lifted him out of the warship with immense care. A group of Mechs shifted their gaze towards the newest arrivals with widened optics, surprised by their reappearance.

The towering Spartan ignored their strange looks and immediately marched towards the War Room, where Optimus was undoubtedly awaiting his return. Sure enough, the moment he walked through the doorway, he was met with the Autobot Leader himself.

Looming beside the Prime was Ultra Magnus, who gazed upon the Master Chief with a look of pride; it seemed he was rather delighted by the concept of having such a powerful solider serve under his command, the Mech shifted his optics back to Optimus.

Ultra Magnus: "It seems you were correct, sir. The Master Chief was successful in his mission."

Optimus: "Indeed. I am glad to see you have returned, soldier."

Chief nodded before placing the yellow Mech on a nearby recharge berth, shifting his metallic limbs to ensure his comfort. The Spartan-II looked back at the Prime and saluted, earning a positive nod from the Autobot Leader.

Optimus: "You have my thanks for ensuring Bumblebee's safety, soldier."

Chief: "Of course, sir."

Before Optimus could respond, a random Autobot Soldier rushed into the room, almost being grabbed by the guards until they noticed his expression of shock and worry. Ultra Magnus -though offended by the sudden interruption- was the first to address him.

Ultra Magnus: "What is it, soldier:"

Soldiers: "T-the.....the Decepticons have overrun Tyrest!"

Ultra Magnus: "What?! That's impossible; we had a whole platoon of Wreckers stationed there!"

The Master Chief shifted his optics towards the Prime, who noticed the confusion emanating from his frame. The red Mech motioned for him to analyse the table in front of them, a hologram of a large city overtaking its blueish surface.

Optimus: "Tyrest is a city located east from Kalis. It is located to the northeast of Iacon, an important Autobot city-state. If the Decepticons manage to obtain Tyrest..."

Chief: "They'll have a perfect opening to strike against Iacon, crippling the Autobots."

The Prime merely nodded in agreement, a solemn look emanating from his blue optics. Chief looked back towards the hologram of Tyrest, his hands balling into fists, before he shifting his gaze back towards the Leader of the Autobots. The Spartan-II declared:

Chief: "I'm going to Tyrest."

Ultra Magnus: "Excuse me? Soldier, you alone cannot push back the Decepticons."