11 - Almost Seven

Jay and Y/N walked into the huge place, arms linked as she looked around her nervously. She had her breath stuck the whole time, staring at the unfamiliar faces that passed by them.

"Don't worry," He said as he gently stroked her hand, smiling at her. "It's gonna be alright. Just stay by my side, I'll keep you safe."

Y/N didn't realize that a smile found its way to her lips, some red coloring her cheeks. How did this guy say everything she wanted to hear? He was too real to be true. Looking around her, she stared at all the people that were there, talking, laughing, and drinking some of the best wine ever. Y/N could tell, after all, her father was very picky about his beverages.

"You see all these smiles?" Jay muttered as he slightly leaned towards her. "They're all fake. All these people are snakes hiding under their masks." Y/N was suddenly aware of the people around her. "All of them are drug dealers and murderers. Us being here is already dangerous, so don't trust anyone and stay with me."

She nodded, managing to fake a smile that she returned to the people that smiled at her. They made their way to the middle of the place, and Jay started greeting some people Y/N had no idea who they were. She just smiled, holding Jay's arm to feel safe.

"This is my fiancée, Seoyoung." Jay said which made Y/N widen her eyes. But without anyone noticing, she smiled and greeted them too.

"She seems lovely, your parents would have been happy to see her." The man said, and Jay smiled bitterly. "I heard that your business is doing very well lately, your father must be proud of you. He was a dear friend."

"Thank you, Mr. Kang. It's a pleasure to meet you tonight." Jay bowed before he was about to walk away, but Mr. Kang grabbed his arm, which made him stop.

"Where do you think you're going?" He said and Jay raised an eyebrow. "You're the new couple, you owe us a dance."

"Of course, they do, honey." The woman beside him said as she chuckled.

"I..." Jay turned to look at Y/N who was stuck in place. She smiled awkwardly, looking back and forth between him and the others. Without saying anything, Jay gently grabbed her hand as he pulled her to the center of the place, her eyes widening.

Everyone started shouting and whistling as he put his other hand on her waist. "We're newly engaged, remember? We should at least do this." He said, and she slightly nodded.

And then the music started playing, making them start dancing slowly as their gazes were stuck on each other. Everyone stared at them as they danced gracefully like they completed each other. She fit perfectly in his arms and he made her feel like a princess when he twirled her.

People stared at them, amazed. Some even took pictures of them and some just watched, their eyes full of anger and jealousy. Jay's family was well known; before his parents died, they were everyone's favorite couple. They were too in love with each other, and always happy until their story ended in the cruelest way. And Jay was eager to know why.

They stopped dancing, and everyone around them started clapping. Y/N stared at them as they smiled, and although she knew it was all fake, she smiled back.

"Kiss! Kiss!" She could hear the crowd yell as her eyes slightly widened. Her heart started beating faster as Jay pulled her from her waist.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered, sending shivers down her spine. Y/N didn't say anything, she just closed her eyes and slowly nodded, waiting for Jay's lips to touch hers. And they did, for he craved her lips. It felt like butterflies danced inside her stomach and around them. That night was too magical, and for a moment, they forgot how dangerous it was.