19 - Lost Stars

"When I blow hot, your words are ice on a summer day, taking my heat and making it less fiery. When I am cold, you are hot chocolate by the hearth, warming every part of me - body, mind, and soul.

When I am afraid, you are my shield, a safe place to wait out life's storms. When shadows come, you are the light, as bright as any midwinter star.

You soothe me, bring me peace and balance, that's why I need you... that I love you is just as mysterious as any other deep feeling, coming from my core, telling me after the bond was made, never seeking permission." Jay said with a little shade of pink rising up his pale cheeks.

"Jay, you're really cute sometimes." Y/N chuckled and stared up at the blanket of stars engulfing them.

The night sky seemed really pretty with her lying on Jay's shoulder and both of them looking up at their star; the star that they decided to name after them so that it could be proof of their love.

That would tear apart only if the black hole tried sucking the whole galaxy in.

"Do you think my feelings for you are a joke? They're not!" Jay pouted, but then he grabbed Y/N's chin and made her face him. "I do love you even though I know that we don't stand a chance. Our lives are too messed up for something called love to take place, but I'm willing to love if it's you."

Her eyes softened.

"I can love because it's you." He said and smiled warmly, wiping a droplet of tear away from her cheek which she didn't realize was falling.

"I love you, Jay," Y/N said and smiled back, her hand grabbing his.

"I promise to love you till my last breath," He said, taking his pinky finger out to intertwine with hers.

"Till death do us apart." They both said, their pinky fingers intertwining as they promised to always be there for each other.

But right then, a gunshot was heard, coming from behind the backyard which made Y/N immediately shut her eyes really tight because of how loud it sounded, and when she opened them, she saw Jay's body collapsing beside her.

His lips trembled when he tried to speak and the only word he said was a weak "sorry".

Y/N's perception of time was distorted, everything slowed down until there was nothing, only her and the sky above, the sky that seemed to swallow her whole.

Her hand reached out, kissing the sky, grasping the endless crevasse of blue. Everything turned into a blur, a blur that swirled out of existence.

Suspended in the air, Y/N closed her eyes and surrendered herself to the infinite sky above.

They both got shot.

She knew it would happen, they both knew but still, they were hoping for some more time.

How naive of them.

Maybe if they stayed indoors, they could have had at least one more day. Just maybe.

"I told you to come back home, dearest daughter, didn't I? Now see your whole world collapse in front of your eyes."

Lee Kwang? Was that him?

Sorry. The word kept ringing in her ears.

They hadn't even made their promise properly but it already decided to break by itself and Jay was thinking it was all his fault.

No. No, it wasn't supposed to end like that. It couldn't be real, something was wrong.

"Y/N?"

The sudden voice made her open her eyes and jolt up from Jay's chest with her eyes all teary and beads of sweat trickling down her forehead. Staring at a confused Jay, Y/N furrowed her eyebrows and breathed heavily.