16 - Pretty Things

"I love you."

It comes like a whisper from between his lips, but Y/N heard it, for she froze in her place. There was a long silence as they stared at each other, their eyes telling each other everything they couldn't say.

"Jay..." Her heart fluttered, and her eyes started glistening.

"This is my confession. As dark as I am, I will always find enough light to adore you to pieces, with all my pieces." Jay said, his eyes never leaving hers. 

His voice made her feel warm and almost drunk. She was vulnerable when it came to him. He had crashed through her universe, kissing her soul. But she couldn't let him go further, for she knew her life didn't have the space nor the time for what's called love.

"I..." She said as she let go of him. "I can't." Whispering her words, Jay just stared at her as she walked out of the room, closing its door.

But then Y/N leaned on the door, placing a hand on her chest as her heart raced inside. What to do? Was he really serious? She wondered as she tried to calm herself down.

"What are you doing there?" Jake's voice brought her back to reality as she widened her eyes. "Why are you so red?"

"M-me?" She shook her head. "I'm not." 

"You-" Jake tried to speak when she rushed out of the place, leaving him dumbfounded. "-are. What's wrong with her?"

He obviously likes you. Heeseung's words replayed in her mind as she stepped out to the garden. She just wanted to take some fresh air and take her mind off Jay. 

But who was she kidding? Because she'd never be able to just forget about him after his reckless confession to her.

"Y/N?" The sudden voice startled her before she turn around and stared at a worried Sunghoon. "What are you doing here?"

"I... I can't sleep." She sighed before he sat down and patted the place next to him. Y/N then sat by his side as he looked at the sky.

"What's wrong?" Sunghoon asked, still looking at the sky.

"I don't know, everything feels wrong." She said and slightly shook her head. "I just... there's a part of me that's broken, and I don't think I can do anything to make it better."

"I know you want to always look strong, but Y/N, you can be weak around me." He said, making her frown. "Seeing you act so strong makes me wonder if you're alright or not, and I often think you're not."

"I-"

"Your life isn't the best and neither is ours. That's why we're here for each other, remember? We're here for you, so please, stop showing us only your strong self. Tell us when you're vulnerable, or when you feel like the world is unfair or cruel. We'll always be there for you."

Sunghoon's words warmed her heart, and without realizing it, a smile found its way to her lips. 

"Look at that smile," He smiled. "Do smile more, okay?"

"Okay." Y/N chuckled as she looked at the sky. "Thank you for always comforting me, it makes me feel so much better."

"Of course," Sunghoon said as he ruffled her hair. "You're like our little sister."

And they stayed there, smiling at each other and staring back at the sky before he decided to break the silence once again.

"What do you think of having a picnic here?" He said to of the blue and Y/N's eyes sparkled.

"That would be great! I never had a picnic before."

"What? Not even once?" Sunghoon widened his eyes.