13 - At A Glance

"Is this all you got?" Jake raised an eyebrow, making Heeseung scoff.

"I almost got killed for fuck's sake. You should have gone there yourself and gotten shot by those assholes."

"No, thanks."

"Then shut up, this is better than nothing."

"But what are we gonna do with this?" Jake frowned. He was leaning towards Heeseung as they stared at all the data they could get.

"I don't know, it can help us somehow. I mean it's the names and locations of their business, we'll definitely get something out of it."

"It's gonna take a lot of time. A very long time actually, to find something useful." Jake sighed.

"Why are you always nagging me?" Rolling his eyes, Heeseung stared at the short-tempered guy next to him.

"I'm just saying that we can-" Before he could finish his sentence, Heeseung smacked his arm, making him widen his eyes.

"Did you- did you just hit me?" Jake scoffed, a look of disbelief on his features. "You're dead."

"I swear to god if you lay a hand on m-!" Heeseung said when Jake kicked his leg, making him wince.

"Serves you right," Jake muttered.

"My leg, you disrespectful little shit-"

"Good morning, beautiful people." The voice with the weird pronunciation made them know who it is right away.

"It's afternoon," Jake said as he sat down back.

"Whatever, I can't sleep in this damn house." Niki sighed, making the two stare at him in disbelief. "Why are you all so noisy?"

"Jake is a pain in the ass," Heeseung said. "He has a nasty temper."

"Mind your fucking business-"

"See? This is what I'm talking about." Shaking his head, Heeseung got back to his laptop. Niki was laughing, which made Jak glare at him.

"What are you kid laughing at? You literally have no respect for your elders."

"I don't respect people based on their ages." Niki shrugged.

"I like this kid," Heeseung said from behind his laptop.

"Everyone likes this sleepyhead," Jungwon said as he walked with Sunoo into the room, greeting the three.

"Oh, hey. How was school?" Heeseung asked.

"You sound like a mom." Sunoo laughed. "It was good."

"Only losers go to school," Jake muttered and everyone heard it.

"I want to be a lawyer and Sunoo wants to be a doctor," Jungwon said. "We at least have some goals and dreams."

"Whatever."

"Where're the others?" Jungwon asked once he realized that the three were missing.

"They're out," Heeseung said curtly.

"And you?" Sunoo pointed at Jake, a questioning look on his features.

"The assholes ditched me to go with her." Jake's mood was shit that day. Y/N wasn't around, and he was having a hard time thinking about how close she'd be to Jay. It just made him feel things that made him angry.

"I mean you're always nagging them. You're pretty annoying too." Jungwon muttered, shrugging as he grabbed a cup of water.

"Why does everyone in this freaking house hate me?" He was quite upset.