Prologue

"Oh, it's raining," I said to myself as I looked at the sky.

It was already night time and I just finished a job so I was heading back to where I'd get my payment when it started to pour. I had no umbrella but it's not like I care, all I had with me is a suitcase holding the weapons I usually use when I head out to hunt. I thought I ran out of cigarettes but you never know right? I reached for the pocket inside my black lounge coat only to reveal I had one last stick remaining. I chuckled with a hint of relief as I took shelter in front of a restaurant's entrance so I could light it. A single long puff was all I need to prevent my mind from wandering away. Mhh, shame...it was hurting my throat lightly than before.

I sighed the smoke in my lungs and groaned when my habit got to me. The deed is done...just like this cigar. I smiled to myself for doing a good job but it made me pause for a moment as I looked at the sky. There's got to be more in life than this, everyday feels no different than the day before and it's beginning to wreck my mind.

I scoffed when I couldn't believe I told that to myself. My mind's been fucked up already anyway so why does it matter? It's just that...I don't know what to do.

Yeah I think it's time. My hands are way too bloody for an innocent lifestyle but I think I can manage life by settling down. I tilted my head to the left a little when I decided what to do and looked at the road before me. I smiled and walked towards my destination when I decided. 

It took me a while but I've finally arrived at the rendezvous which was just a restaurant on the subway. I saw the lady who's my boss on the far edge to the left wearing a simple black dress and a purple shade. I went there and sat in front of her, the lady looked at me and smiled but I don't feel any obligation to do the same.

"Ah Y/N, I assume it is done?" the lady asked with the usual voice but she seems a little energetic. It wasn't loud enough to the point the person behind me could hear it but it felt like it could burst my ears. I just nodded, hoping she'll give the payment so I could leave.

"I understand, here's the payment then," the girl said as she kicked a suitcase with the same size as the one I'm holding. It touched my left foot so I stopped it from moving on further. She smiled and was about to stand up but I think it's time for me to tell her something.

"We need to talk boss," I said, even in my head I could feel how my voice belonged to a corpse. It was deep and a bit raspy when I could feel like my throat was rumbling as I spoke. The girl stopped and sat down again as she placed her arms on the table.

"I'm quitting," I continued which made her flinch. I looked into her eyes covered by her shade but I could see she was scared. It wasn't new to me, her eyes resembled the people I was about to send in the afterlife as I aimed the pistol in their forehead.

"I-I see. I understand, I'll completely remove all your files in the archives," the girl replied with a stutter. I nodded but there's something more I needed to be clear about.

"And call me if my name pops up in a contract," I said in the most casual tone I could say but my voice didn't change at all. She nodded nervously but that wasn't what I was trying to show.

"I'll gladly give them my head if it's worth the penny," I continued before grabbing both suitcases and walking away. I don't want to see how she'd react because I knew she won't take it seriously. I boarded the train and leaned my back beside the door.

The train started to move after a few minutes and I kinda regret where I stood. The seats were barely filled but I didn't want to sit down, the reason I hated the idea was that I could see my reflection from the window on the other side. I could see my gray hair and small dots of my mustache but what took my attention was those eyes. It felt a little hollow but I could still see a faint dark blue color. I chuckled to myself and removed my image from my mind before shutting my eyes. I waited for the train to reach my stop and when it did, I walked my way to my home.