Prologue// Piper

Walking into my house, letting out a yawn as I close the door behind me. I'm currently in the middle of finally setting up my own company.

For as long as I could remember I've always loved jewellery, so when I got old enough to understand design, it's what I began doing, it was my passion.

And now years later thanks to my dad who invested the start-up money for me, I have my own jewellery company, I'm finally doing what I love.

It's hard work, long hours and I'm just starting out and I know that it's putting pressure on another part of my life....which is my marriage.

Which I hate because I love Zane so much, he's my best friend. We have spent our whole lives growing up around each other, then we fell in love, and we got married two years ago, everyone who hears our story says it's a sweet fairy-tale and I always thought the same, but just with so much more burning love between us, the kind that stay's with you deep inside.

But with my work and his work at his family businesses it's taking a toll and these last few weeks he's been pulling away from me and I don't know why.

Shaking my thoughts away as I walked into my living room but stopped in my tracks when I see Zane standing there pissed off and standing next to what looks like my suitcases.... what the hell is going on?

"Your home good.... Here's your things you can re-leave now" He spits out at me, taking a few steps towards him, confused as hell at what the hell is going on with my husband.

"Zane what the hell? It's late and I'm tired, what is all of this?" I ask waving at the cases. He just stares at me for a minute and then lets out a bitter laugh, I don't know who this man is in-front of me but it's not the man that I love or the man that I married.

"Oh, I bet your tired...Tell me wifey how who do you spend your late working nights with exactly" He mocked.... seriously is this where he is going with this. I know that Zane has always been a jealous and possessive person, but this is just ridiculous.

"You know where I spend my nights, at my office alone. Oh, correction Lloyd is there, because he's one of my family securities guards who has been working for us for twenty years...." I spit back at him.

My family is very known and very rich, my father has always been protective of me and my sisters. So, all my life we have had our own security guard, Lloyd is mine. A sweet forty-eight-year-old man, who has been married to lovely woman for twenty-odd years. Zane knows this.

"Where is this coming from? You know that I'm trying to start my business you know that's going to take time.... what is it, Zane? You're not getting enough of my attention, so you accuse of me...whatever the hell you are" I added.

"This is about my wife, sleeping around with my fucking best friend" He roared, focusing my eyes on him as those words leave his mouth and I take a few steps back.

"Why on earth would you think I was having an affair with Julian?"

"Because I was delivered proof of your secret meetings together"

Getting lost in my own thoughts on what proof his talking about. Yes, I've been meeting up with Julian but it's only because I found out something by accident that regards him, and he was scared that I would tell people, which I reassured him I wouldn't.

It's something that he must go through himself, something that he needs to accept emotionally, and he begged me not to say anything to Zane until he reached that point, I'm just respecting that as his friend.

Coming to my senses and moved closer to him and sighed sadly.

"Baby...I promise you it's not what you think. And if you call him, he will tell you all about it.... I love you" I pleaded because now I'm actually scared that he believes this, believes that I could do that to him.

We've been through so much, we've been together since I was sixteen and he was eighteen, but I've always been his and I will always be only his.

"Don't Piper.... I don't believe you and I want you the fuck gone" he said.

Nodding my head and took a step back, because I know him better then he knows himself and when he's like this, there's no talking to him.

"I'll go to a hotel tonight because it's too late to go to my parents, but mark my words, tomorrow I will be back and we're going to talk about this because your wrong-;" I broke off and shook my head, before meeting his gaze.

"I've never cheated on you, never would because you're literally the other half of my soul, I don't know when you stopped believing that" I added softly and grabbed one of my bags before heading back out the front door.

Little did I know that the next time I stepped through that door, my heart would be broken, and my marriage would truly be over for good.