Chapter Twelve

Beauty & The Seven Foot Frame

Villain!Bruno X Reader

Chapter Twelve

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The next morning y/n woke up confused, wondering where she was. All at once the events of last night replayed in her head.

Y/n walked over to her pillow and pulled out the vision. "You knew!" Bruno's eyes widened as he realized what she held in her hand "y/n I can explain it!" y/n sighed and threw the vision on the bed "you knew we were supposed to get married! You knew and you still ignored me and were rude to me!" Bruno sighed and watched as y/n paced the room while talking.

"I was scared y/n!" y/n scoffed and looked at him. "And I wasn't! This whole marriage I believed that we were in the same boat, experiencing marriage together but I guess I was wrong. Because you knew!" y/n walked over to him and pointed her finger into his chest.

"You knew this the whole time bruno!" Y/n felt her eyes get glossy. "I trusted you! I told you everything, and you promised that you didn't have any secrets!" Bruno looked down at y/n who had mixed emotions of sadness and anger. "Y/n Listen, I was gonna tell you!" Y/n scoffed at him "Oh yeah when, on our deathbed Bruno?" he looked away from y/n who sighed and gathered her clothes and walked out of his tower. 

Y/n felt a tear roll down her face. She quickly wiped it away and got up from her bed and got ready for the day. Once she was fully dressed she walked out to her family's kitchen, where all of her family was except her mama, Veronica, and a few of her tios.

"Good morning everyone!" y/n greeted. Fernando, who was drinking his coffee, quickly spat it out upon seeing his sister back at their house. "What are you doing here?" He asked y/n as he wiped his mouth. "I'm-!" "She's staying here for a bit!" Veronica said as she walked out of her and victor's room.

"Y/n come help us then!" One of y/n's tia's said as she cooked breakfast. "Yes tia Gabriella!" y/n rushed over and helped her tias make breakfast.

"Buneos dias everyone." y/n's mama said flatly. A few replies of "morning" were said. Esperanza noticed y/n in the kitchen cooking with her tias "Y/n?" y/n tensed up and turned around to face her mama.

"Hi mama..." y/n knew the amount of questions that would be asked by her mama. "What are you doing here? Why aren't you with your husband and his family!" y/n saw Veronica stand up from her chair, ready to defend her younger sister. "I wanted to visit you all, I missed you guys!" y/n told her mama calmly trying not to upset her by her choice of words. Esperanza said nothing in return and just sat down for breakfast. 

After breakfast y/n went with her siblings to the bakery. On the way there y/n noticed it was very cloudy that morning. At the bakery y/n had been helping Veronica with the register. While the others got ready to open, y/n told Veronica the whole story of what had happened last night. 

"So he knew about you two getting married this whole time?" Veronica whispered to y/n as victor, alejandro and fernando walked by the sisters. "Yes!" y/n nodded at her sister. "What are you gonna do n-!" Veronica was cut off by the bell above the bakery's door. "Ah y/n here these are for you mi cielito!" Dante handed y/n a big bouquet of flowers she liked as a child. "Oh um thank you dante! That's very kind of you..." y/n gave him a forced smile and looked away.

Dante leaned forward and hugged y/n. Which caught her off guard. "If you ever need anything mi cielito just know i'm only across the way! Alright?" Dante held y/n's chin. "Of course dante!" y/n moved away from dante.

After dante left the bakery victor and the twins started bursting out laughing and mocked dante "if you need anything i'm only across the way mi cielito!" Alejandro acted like he was Dante and victor acted as if he was y/n. Their jokes made y/n smile. 

Y/n joined in during some of the jokes throughout the day. Y/n laughed as she walked out of the bakery for her break, still thinking of a joke Veronica made. Y/n walked around the marketplace she had noticed two people arguing in an alleyway. Not wanting to be roped into whatever that was y/n just walked away and walked to her cousin's shop they had where they sold fabrics.

"Hi prima!" Julio, one of y/n's cousins, greeted her as she looked around the store "hi julio, how much is this?" y/n asked her cousin as she held up a dark green fabric. "Well since we're related i'll say one box of sopapillas!" y/n laughed and nodded at her cousin "alright it's a deal, here hold my fabric please" y/n told her cousins as she walked towards the bakery to get a box of sopapillas "AND DON'T LET ANYONE TAKE IT JULIO OR I'M TELLING YOUR MAMA!" y/n playfully threatened her older cousin.

Y/n quickly grabbed a box and ran back to her cousin's shop. "Here tak- take it!" y/n said out of breath from running back so quickly. "Pleasure doing business with you, Mrs. madrigal!" y/n internally whined at her cousin's words but didn't show it on the outside. "Thank you julio!" y/n walked to her family's home and put away her fabric before going back to the bakery.

Y/n worked with her family in the bakery till it was time to close up. y/n had forgotten how tiresome it was to work at the bakery all day.

The five Riveras walked back home in time for dinner.  It was a typical dinner in the Rivera household, babies crying for food, brother and sister in laws trying to help their in-laws with dinner, tias gossiping, the twins fighting over a seat. It was official y/n had missed the chaos of the dinners.

Everything was okay til y/n had noticed her mama was missing from the table. She brushed it off thinking maybe her mama was tired and went to bed early. Y/n excused herself from the table where all of the riveras sat and gambled with each other. 

Y/n walked to her room and decided to sew to keep her busy. She pulled out her supplies and got to work on making a coat for herself.

While y/n sewed her coat, A fuming esperanza came into her room and yelled at her. "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO GET YOU ARRANGED INTO A MARRIAGE Y/N Y/M/N RIVERA!" y/n flinched not expecting her mother to yell at her. "WHY DID YOU LEAVE THE CASITA Y/N?" y/n looked down. "Because he lied to me mama..." y/n said quietly. Esperanza let out a deep sigh and rubbed her forehead and started pacing around y/n's room. "Why couldn't you've been like your sister? She had suitors lined up at the door! And look at you! I finally got you arranged and what do you do? You go and mess it up!" y/n felt a tear roll down her face.

Y/n put her head down as her mind kept replaying "why couldn't you've been like your sister?" y/n looked up and saw her mama still ranting about her. "Why you! We have other Rivera girls who would be a perfect wife to her son...Why did they choose you!" y/n stood up and walked out of her room. As y/n walked out her room she saw her whole family listening.

Y/n wiped her tears and walked out of the house and walked around the now dimly lit up streets of the encanto.

y/n found herself at the river, where she had told Bruno everything and when they took the girls to get their energy out. Y/n sat down by the river and looked up and saw the stars shining. 

"Why me papa? Why couldn't I've been like veronica?" y/n said as she looked up at the stars. She could feel tears falling down her face "Veronica has a good husband and a child! Then- then look at me I have nothing! I can't seem to be a perfect wife for bruno...please help me papa!" y/n cried. 

Unbeknown to y/n a figure approached from behind her. 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Please give me feedback on this series! I love reading your guys comments! Anyways I hope you all have a nice day/night!