Chapter Three

Beauty & The Seven Foot Frame: Saving The Miracle

Bruno X Reader

Chapter Three

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ 

Everyone piled into Antonio's room to celebrate. Y/n was talking with julieta and Camilo when Mirabel came panting into Antonio's room "THE HOUSE IS IN DANGER!" Mirabel ran up to Alma "the tiles were falling and there were cracks everywhere! And the candle almost went out." She explained. 

Alma immediately straightened up and walked towards Mirabel "Show me!"

Mirabel led Alma outside into the courtyard where no cracks could be seen, Mirabel looked at all the doors and saw them glowing still. "What- no! The cracks were there! They were everywhere. The house was in trouble-​​ the candle was-!" isabela scoffed and rolled her eyes at mirabel, victor kept looking over his shoulder worried for some reason. "Abuela! I promise-" Mirabel pleaded "That's enough!" Alma put her hand up towards mirabel before turning towards everyone. "There is nothing wrong with la casa madrigal! The magic is strong and so are the drinks! Please, music!" alma clapped. Agustin played the piano while Luisa held it up. After that the party continued like nothing had happened.

Julieta led Mirabel into the kitchen where she made arepa's "I would never ruin Antonio's night! Is that what you think?" julieta walked over and flipped the arepas she had already cooking. "What I think is that today was very hard for you." julieta said softly. "That's not-mmh! I was looking out for the family! And I might not be super strong like luisa or effortlessly perfect like senorita perfecta isabela! Who's never had a bad hair day but whatever" Mirabel sighed.

Julieta walked over and leaned on the counter next to mirabel as casita rolled over an arepa. Mirabel held out her hand for julieta to hand it over.

"I wish you could see yourself the way I do. You are perfect!" julieta told Mirabel as she gave her an arepa. "Just like this, you are just as special as anyone else in this family." Mirabel hummed and lifted up her hand to show julieta. "And you just healed my hand with an arepa con queso!" Mirabel raised an eyebrow at her. "I healed your hand..with my love for my daughter! With her wonderful brain! Big heart! Cool glasses!" "mama!" Mirabel gently pushed herself away from julieta "I know what I saw!" julieta let out a sigh.

"Mira, my brother Bruno lost his way in this family. I don't want the same for you...get some sleep, you'll feel better tomorrow." julieta told Mirabel who just stared at julieta.

 Later that night little did she know her cousin victor had the same idea as her to go on the roof. On opposite sides of the roof neither one could see each other across the way until they got to Alma's window seal. Where they both freaked each other out "what are you doing up here!" Mirabel whisper yelled to Victor "I could ask you the same thing-!" Victor was cut off by Alma looking out her window looking up at the sky. 

"Ayy pedro. I need you! Cracks in our casita..if our family knew how vulnerable we truly are, if our miracle is dying, we can not lose our home again! Why is this happening? Open my eyes if the answer is here, help me find it! help me protect our family, help me save our miracle" victor and mirabel looked at each other and silently nodded as alma walked away "We're gonna save the miracle!" they both whispered to each other.

Victor rushed to his room and got dressed before walking to the nursery where he and Mirabel met up and tried to figure out what to do. 

"Wait, how do we save a miracle?" they both asked each other out loud. Casita shrugged at the pair. "Let's figure out what's happening to the miracle!" Mirabel suggested which casita did a yes but how movement. "Oh I have no idea! But there is one person who hears everything about everything so if there's anything wrong with the magic it's her!" Victor picked up the photo of the family.