Chapter Five

Saving The Miracle

Bruno X Reader

Chapter Five

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ 

Dolores, Mirabel and Victor had a stare off all throughout dinner. Dolores tapped her fingers against her wine glass as she kept looking between victor and mirabel. “Avocado?” mariano asked victor and mirabel which made them look away from dolores “Thanks” victor got some and put the bowl on the table and went back to look at dolores and saw dolores whispering into camilo’s ear “Victor and mirabel found bruno’s vision!” Camilo coughed and shifted into other people including Bruno for a second before shifting back to himself with his eyes looking away from each other.

Camlio’s coughing caught the attention of senora guzman and alma. Alma chuckled and poured more wine into her glass, filling it to the brim. Felix leaned back in his chair and looked at camilo. “Camilo! Fix your face!” Camilo fixed his eyes quickly, now staring at his cousins in shock. “Corn?” Isabela placed the bowl in front of Mirabel and victor. The pair quickly placed it on the table and saw Camilo whispering to Victoria “Mirabel and Victor found tio bruno’s vision!” Victoria quickly dropped her book onto the table and stared at her brother and cousin, if looks could kill they both would be six feet under.

“Water?” isabela handed the water pitcher in front of mirabel and victor, the pair moved it out the way and saw victoria whispering to felix “They found bruno’s vision!” Felix spat out his water, mariano looked shocked and so did alma. Felix wiped his mouth, Camilo and Victoria laughed a bit at mariano’s reaction to the water.

“Mirabel!” Alma called “huh?” she looked over and so did victor. “The cream, please!” Mirabel and Victor looked over to a nervous Augustin and asked him for the cream. He shakily handed it to Mirabel and Victor who passed it to isabela. Victor went pale as he and Mirabel saw Felix tell pepa, who’s cloud grew as she stared at the pair shocked. “Pepa! Your cloud.” pepa quickly tried to calm herself. y/n and julieta looked at pepa weird. Mirabel and victor looked at pepa’s cloud which grew bigger, the pair looked back and saw pepa telling julieta and y/n “they found bruno’s vision!” y/n looked over at victor and mirabel who looked away, victor looked at the ceiling, mirabel looked at the ground.

Mirabel ducked under the table and saw huge cracks in the floor. “Mirabel?” Mariano called out which made Mirabel hit her head on the table. “Everything okay?” Mirabel rubbed her head. “Everything is great! She’s just excited for you to propose! Which uhh you should do!” Mirabel let out a small yes “As fast as you can!” agustin continued. Mariano looked confused “I was actually gonna-!” he pointed behind him. “You were actually gonna!” Mirabel got up from her seat and made Isabela's chair face mariano. Isabela looked at Mirabel confused as Mirabel brushed off isabela’s dress collar.

Mariano looked over to Senora guzman. “Well since everyone here has a talent, my mariano wanted to begin with a song! Luisa, could you bring over the piano?” senora guzman asked luisa who looked like she was on the verge of crying.

“Okay!” Luisa got up and went to get the piano.

“It’s actually family tradition to sing after!” Mirabel walked over and made Mariano get on his knee. Mariano looked confused for a moment before pulling out the ring in his pocket and he started his proposal speech.

“Isabela, Most graceful of the madrigals!” Victor and Mirabel noticed a crack on the title and both jumped on it to cover it up. Their jumping made everyone look over at the pair “You're doing great!” Mirabel complimented while victor gave mariano a thumbs up

Isabela gave them both a weird look before looking back at mariano. “The most beautiful flower in this entire encanto!” Mirabel saw one of Antonio's animal friends taking the vision shards from her dad’s pocket. Luisa dragged in the piano and started crying. 

Everyone watched luisa cry, mirabel noticed the animal’s putting the shards together under the table. “Will you marry-!” Mariano got cut off by mirabel diving for the pieces under the table. “NO!” It all happened at once, luisa fell onto the floor crying, mirabel was under the table, antonio’s animals freaking out because of pepa’s thunder, victor looking worried on the floor as his abuelo motioned towards the family tree on the wall. 

“What is happening!?” Senora Guzman asked out loud. Dolores covered her ears “MIRABEL AND VICTOR FOUND BRUNO’S VISION AND MIRABEL’S IN IT AND NOW SHE’S GONNA DESTROY THE MAGIC AND NOW WE’RE ALL DOOMED!” she yelled out. Mirabel popped up from the floor and accidentally pushed the vision in front of alma.

Everyone looked at mirabel. The cracks started to appear on the wall behind her. Camilo freaked out and shifted into a baby he had babysat with a mustache and the body of jose. Victoria had evaporated into a puddle of water, she hadn’t done that since her gift ceremony. The cracks appeared in front of mariano and isabela, being scared isabela broke mariano’s nose by punching him with a flower bud. 

The doors opened behind camilo and dolores to show the villagers with a banter that had congratulation on it. Pepa had made it begin to rain. All eyes went to Mirabel who stood on the opposite side of the table from alma.

Senora Guzman quickly left with mariano holding his nose while crying, alma rana after them pleading for them to come back. Mirabel followed Alma out the dining room. Slowly each of the family members walked out of the dining room.

Y/n looked at victor for a second before walking out to the courtyard where she had mirabel follow her up to victor’s room.

“MIRABEL!” y/n heard alma call out angrily, she quickly shut victor’s door and walked over to a bench victor had in his room. “Mirabel, come sit…” Mirabel approached slowly, nervous as to what her tia had to say to her. “I-!” y/n went to speak but noticed a notepad on victor’s bed. She walked over and picked it up  and saw all of the notes he had taken from earlier. “I assume you two went around asking about…him?” y/n hesitated for a second. “We didn’t mean any harm tia y/n! I promise! Don’t punish Victor, I told him to help me-!” y/n stopped mirabel from rambling. 

“Y’know if you wanted to know about…him I would've told you both!” y/n chuckled a bit as she looked through the notes. “When I first met him, I thought to myself what I did that was bad that I ended up with him.” y/n chuckled as she thought about their first meeting.

“Was tio bruno-! I’m sorry I mean was he as bad as everyone says he was?” Mirabel asked y/n, now leaning more in to hear her tia clearly. “Ha! He was the complete opposite! You should’ve seen him when he first built a snowman! Or when he dropped a huge snowball on himself!” y/n laughed at the memory, mirabel smiled as she watched her tia laugh as she told the story. 

While y/n told mirabel about bruno, Victor looked over and saw rats running along the ground with the shards in their mouths. Victor quickly got up from the floor and followed the rats upstairs.

Victor almost lost them, thankfully a chunky one had a hard time getting up so Victor noticed when it finally disappeared behind the painting he was looking at earlier. 

Victor looked around before he opened it up. He jumped at the hooded figure at the end of the small hallway.