The path to the wizard king

"You did great in the exams Iris~" Asta said walking up to Iris once the battle royal was over "you did too" Iris said patting his head "that concludes the exam, when your number is called please step forward to learn your results" the announcer announced once the arena became quiet.

"This is intense, everyone is getting chosen like flowers and being dropped like flies~" iris laughed as one of the contestants were not chosen "it's not funny, it's nerve breaking" Asta said as Yuno got called out "I wonder who's gonna chose Yuno~" she said before seeing all the captains hands being raised "I'm next" Asta said walking up to get chosen "seems like he wasn't chosen" Iris said as Yuno walked up to her "did you expect this to happen?" Yuno asked "I won't lie I had zero to no faith but hone-hm?" She said but soon stopped after the captain of the black bulls Yami Sukehiro stood up.

"He's releasing a lot of magic power" Yuno said trembling as yami jumped down from his post "I guess, he is a squad captain" she replied not interested, "I did it Iris, I joined a squad!" Asta said running up to her excitedly "sure you did I'm proud...even though I had no faith" she said clapping his hands "if you get chosen your gonna have to make sure you join the black bulls" Asta said tightly holding her hand "?" She said making a confused face "you promised you'd join whatever squad I was in, don't tell me you forgot?" Asta said sounding disappointed before she began reassuring him.

"Number 170 step up please" the announcer said as Iris walked up to reveal herself to the captains "I wonder which squad would want Iris" Asta said whispering to Yuno excitedly "all the captains except purple orca and prey mantis" Yuno said watching as the squad captains except the ones he mentioned raised their hand "I want to join the crimson lions...but I promised Asta, so I'd chose the black bulls" Iris said letting out a sigh.

Yuno POV

"Hey Yuno I have an idea why don't we have a secret competition" Asta said the moment iris was out off sight "I don't want to do anything secretive with you" I said about to leave "it's about Iris" and just like that the sound of her name drew my attention to the secret competition he was talking about "you have my attention" I said giving him full attention "why don't we see the one to come out on top first will get to marry Iris and the loser does not interfere" he said and the thought of marrying Iris brought a smile to my face "alright then it's a deal" is said before his stomach growled by the cause of the grilled violet snake he we earlier.

Third person POV

"Are you ok?" Iris asked walking up to Asta as his face was on the ground and covered in dirt after Yami threw him through the portal Finral opened "I'm good thank you!" he said dusting himself "wow the black Bulls hideouts!" Asta said staring at the building "nice huh we've got a snazzy place" yami asked "uh huh crumbling bricks and all" Finral with cheerfully as Asta ran towards the entrees only to be blown away by a fireball.

"Oh my, what an...odd welcome" Iris said as he flew past her "no I'm not done!" Asta said running to the entrance again "looks like they're at it again" Finral said not fazed by the scene of his comrades "this must be the norm around here" Iris said walking into the hideout "alright I've had enough, quit breaking stuff already!" Yami said punching the wall "captain!" The squad member said running towards Yami.

Later

"I'm glad the baptism went well" Iris said with a smile once Magna and Asta were done "would you like to try a baptism too?" Asta asked as she wore her magic knights cloak "no thank you, I rather not do something as dangerous as that" Iris said with a large smile.

"IRIS!" Asta shouted barging into her room "good morning to you too" Iris said straightening her sheets "wow your room is bigger than mine!" He said admiring the place "Vanessa gave it to me and since I wasn't tired last night she also showed me around" She said pushing him out the room "alright, I'll go with Magna and explore the place!" Asta said excitedly as he ran off "what a cheerful kid" Iris smiled before closing the door.

Next day

"What's going on?" Iris asked walking out the building to see a giant water ball above the building "that's magic power gone out of control" Gauche said "and a whole hell a lot of it too...we're gonna have to do something" Magna said sweat dropping "okay...what do we do then?" Iris asked as Yami walked up to them "if only there was someone who could cancel out magic" Yami said as Asta flew towards them.

"You picked the right time to get here kid, do something" Yami said catching the boy "okay...wait how am I supposed to get there?" Asta asked "I don't wanna hear your excuses, just suck it up newbie! Dig deep and push past your limits!" Yami shouted before throwing Asta at the raging magic "that's not gonna get old" Iris said.

"Yea! I didn't die!" Asta screamed after Finral saved him "that's good" Iris clapped as Yami laughed "you pulled it off kid, good job!" Yami said "that's true but it was a bit risky, please don't tell Asta to do that again" Iris said pinching his side "touch me and you will be hurt!" He shouted as she continued pinching him while the rest encouraged noelle.

"Iris go make something for me~" charmy asked after eating a donut "didn't you just finish eating something?" Iris asked "I liked the breakfast from this morning" Charmy whined grabbing unto her leg "...alright, let's get out the cold wet outdoors and dry up inside" She said as the rest of the black bulls followed her.