Day Four

Here's the thing: Not Aladdin, but Jasmine found the lamp

"Genie, swap, for a week, my life with anyone in this city who's living carefree."

-

"If only I had known he'd have me switch places with your Abu, you wouldn't have to live this." Said the gorgeous brown-eyed princess as the magic carpet cut through the air, trying to beat the dying light.

"I forgot to thank the genie for not letting you know," Aladdin replied, shooting her a small smile. "We wouldn't have met. And that'd be sad. For the first time in my life, Jasmine, things are starting to go right." He added, running a finger through her hair.

 "Too, I hope the heir to Agrabah's throne wouldn't lie saying that she regrets making the wish."

Her reply wasn't in the form of words but a light kiss on his cheek. With ears burning, she averted her gaze from him almost immediately on pulling away, letting it fall on the sinking sun ahead. He was right. The break was a must for her if only to breathe without the burden of her royalty for once. But it became too important now as she met 'her prince' while on the go.

"Poor Abu, he must be traumatized on knowing he's getting married to Jafar."

Jasmine morphed her lips into a tight smile, "Magic... can turn people blind, is all I'll say."

The winds washed over their skins with a mixed sense of excitement and unease. With each second passing, there was one question that gripped tighter on their insides: How were they going to defeat Jafar?

With hues of amber and gold spilling over its body in smooth shades, it wasn't long till the palace came in sight.

And it didn't take a second longer for them to spot Abu springing off the balcony. 

The time screamed for urgency, and so, the carpet took a swift dive to catch the falling monkey, getting closer and closer to the heavens.

Their hearts had almost jumped out of their skins, but one deep swerve upwards pushed their organs back to their original positions. Abu was in Aladdin's arms then, and the lamp was in Abu's firm hold.

They swept over the city market, the houses, and the trees, as Iago-transformed-to-Giantago came on a chase, tracing the carpet's way into the orange skies. Meanwhile, Jafar summoned a thunderstorm and sand twister that sent them flying away to the palace with their torn fabric ride. Once grabbing the lamp, the scarlet macaw, too, glid back, dropping the magic lamp in his master's hands.

However, it wasn't over for them yet. Armless and lampless, Aladdin was only left with his wit to defeat the nefarious sorcerer. He dazed Jafar's common sense with his taunts, driving him to use his last wish to become the most powerful individual in the universe. Jafar ended up converting into a powerful genie and was sucked into a new lamp, dragging Iago along, thus, leaving a whole new world of love for Jasmine and Aladdin. With new horizons to pursue. A thrilling chase, a wondrous place.

______________________________

WORD COUNT: 518 words