Day Thirteen

"Falling in love with your best friend

"Falling in love with your best friend." Sounds familiar, right?
Of course, it does. It's an overdone cliché.

But.

I never expected that cliché to occur in my life.

Anyway, it happened.

And I'm so happy that it did.

Who knew a silly dare as drop-an-I-love-you-to-your-best-friend could change the way a person breathes? I had freaked out at my own racing heart on seeing that text from you. But, it was a dare, I knew it, and so I had played along.

I never planned a confession, though.

You looked happy with her, so stifling in whatever I felt was the best thing I could do for the three of us.

Besides, I never thought you'd feel the same for me - because, duh, life isn't a Wattpad book.

To say I was shocked when you admitted your feelings would be a massive understatement. My heart had tripped at those words. It stopped functioning, if only for a second, and a reality check became the necessity of that moment.

I don't understand what you did to me, dear boyfriend. All I know is that I was the one girl who went around making bets that I'd never fall for anyone.

And you were the one who made me realize how wrong I was.

______________________________

WORD COUNT: 211 words