Day Six

"Remember when you asked me what I would do if I lost you?

I said I would die inside.

Well then, technically, I died today." She penned down.

"I don't even know if you'll ever be able to read this or not." A trail of burning pain skimmed down her cheek, blending with those words inked on the paper. A drop of tear it wasn't; the indication for her chest getting ripped apart it was.

Her lips did a commendable job sealing her sobs in, holding them away from the forbidding air around as she sat on the window sill, lone in the silence of sundown. She had often done it back when she lost her sister, so anyone would tell she was drenched in memories again. Yes, she was. But this time, the memories flashing before her eyes didn't contain her sister but a certain someone, that guy who mastered the art of making her smile even at times she thought she couldn't.

"You must be waiting for me to show up at your birthday party right now." She wrote further in the notebook.

Somewhere deep down, she knew very well that filling those pages with her feelings won't change things, but with those emotions messing with her heart and mind and soul, she felt the need to vent a bit of it out. "They saw us. And so, when you had jumped off my balcony, mom barged into my room. Ah well, I don't want to recall anything that happened next, so just cutting it short: I was slapped twice, screamed on, and then told not to love someone who's the rival's son." And the pen slipped from her hands as she fell apart.

Little did she know that he was there when her parents had snapped at her.

Little did she know how his heart was getting clawed when he heard the sound of slaps.

And little did she know that he was sitting by a window too, gazing at the bleeding sky.

He didn't want to lose her. He couldn't. And he wasn't scared to fight.
But he was afraid of her getting hurt.

With flushed cheeks, eyes sore, they were sitting in the shadow of dusk- looking at their love drowning in a sea of hatred between their families along with the dying sun.

Sure, he was the sun, ablaze with his fiery passions, alight with an aura so radiant. He dullened everyone's presence by surfacing his own.

And she was the moon, untouched by daylight but weaving her dreams into reality. Her presence was silver, illuminating the nights of others.

His love was fire for her freezing heart. Her love was snow dust to his burning core.

They were so in love but tied to helplessness, for: They were told to share skies but not created to glow together.

______________________________

WORD COUNT: 475 words