12

The group traveled through moss covered mountains, and yellow grass plains, followed up with rocky hills. After all of this, they ended up on the edge of a mountain, trying not to slip on the wet ground, due to the pouring rain.

Veryan breathed heavily as he tried to cling on to the wall behind him, moving in between Bofur and Bilbo. He heard a yelp from beside him, and quickly shot out his hand to grab onto Bilbo, who was already halfway falling to his death. He heard an audible sigh of relief come from the Hobbit when he was back against the wall, Thorin shouting from the front for them to find shelter.

"Look out!" Dwalin shouted out to them. Veryan couldn't help the shout that came from him when a boulder came flying at them, shattering into bit's just above them. He kneeled down and put a protective arm over Bilbo, shielding him from the falling rubble. 

When it was deemed safe to stand up, Veryan staggered to his feat and looked on at what Dwalin has shouted at, pointing his finger at it. His mouth fell open as he stared at the rocky giant grabbing yet another boulder.

Bofur spoke from beside him "Well, bless me. The legends are true. Giants! Stone-Giants!"

And just like that another boulder was thrown, but this one wasn't directed at them. Another Stone-Giant emerged from the side of their mountain, and got hit in the chest with the flying boulder, making it mad. It stumbled back into the mountain, making ruble fly at them.

"Take cover, you fool!" Thorin shouted at the frozen Bofur. Veryan and Fili pulled him back just as the rocks came flying their way.

"Look out!" Thorin once again shouted, and the group were forced to press up against the wall as the ground beneath them got smaller and smaller. A crack appeared, slowly but surely starting to separate the two groups. Veryan couldn't help but grip onto Kili's arm, as they looked up, seeing now that they themselves were on a Stone-Giant. 

He was forced to hold on to anything he could as their Stone-Giant fought with the others. Finally, a boulder came flying in it's face, knocking the head right off of it's shoulders. It stumbled back, knees bent, falling right down. 

The Heterochromia male stabled his breath as much as he could when he saw they were going to have a crash course landing right onto the hard ground covered in stone. The knee of the Giant hit the rock ground beneath them, and they jumped off, knocking the air out of their lungs.

Veryan coughed as he slowly sat up, groaning. He quickly detached the violin from his back, and upon further inspection saw that it was fine, the case having took some of the damage however.

He strapped it back in it's place on his back and sighed in relief, although the relief was soon ripped away from him when he heard shouting. He pushed through everyone as carefully as he could and gasped when he saw the Hobbit hanging off of the ledge for dear life. Veryan dropped to his knees in an instant, gripping one of Bilbo's hand's, using all of his strength to pull him up. He even tuned in his magic to help, but the Hobbit's hand's kept on slipping and slipping from his grasp. It wasn't until Thorin jumped down on a rock beside's Bilbo and hoisted him up by the waist did Veryan get a clear grip and finally pulled the Hobbit up.

The two boys huffed out breaths as they just sat there in each other embrace, not really moving.

"At least your okay" Veryan whispered as he slightly pushed the Hobbit away.

Bilbo shakily nodded, forcing himself to push out a smile "At least I'm okay" he repeated Veryan's words.

Thorin climbed back to the group, and stared at the affectionate scene in front of him with distaste in his eye's.

"I thought we'd lost our burglar" Dwalin said in hidden happiness, glad no one got hurt.

Thorin sneered "He's been lost ever since he left home. He should never have come. He has no place amongst us" he retorted as he turned away from the Hobbit.