Epilogue

Veryan's eyes slowly fluttered open. He blinked once or twice, getting used to the bright light of the sun rays hitting his eyes. 

He turned his head to look around. He laid on top of a soft couch, soft covers being dropped over him. A yellow tent surrounded him, a table and some chairs in the coner of the tent, but besides that, it was empty. 

He felt a force against his hand, and looked down, seeing a soft, pale hand against his tanned one. Trailing up the hand he found Legolas's sleeping figures, slouched over his own bed, his head leying in his lap. The prince looked so peaceful, like nothing in the world mattered. 

He softly smiled down at his lover, running his free hand through the loose blonde strands that hung from the prince's shoulders. The tent's flap soon opened, and in walked Thranduil. He wore a simple white outfit, similar to that of what he saw the first time he met the Lord. His head was adorn with a pure white headpiece. Looking up closer, he could tell it was the heirlooms of Lasgalen, the ones Thranduil was ready to fight for.

The Lord looked twords him, a surprised look present on his face. Clearly he wasn't expecting the Wizard to be awake yet. He quietly walked up to the couch, and took a seat on one of the chairs beside Legolas. 

"He never left your side, you know. Ate here. Slept here. It was a struggle to drag him out even for a minute" Thranduil spoke as he looked between their interlocked fingers.

Veryan nodded, looking down at Legolas's still sleeping form "What happened? And how long was I asleep?"

Thranduil sighed and leaned back into his chair. "With the help of the Gwaihir and the Skin-changer, we were able to win the fight. Every Dwarf survived, only scratches present on them. You've been out for approximately five days"

Veryan sighed out of relief at the news, finding himself to be calmer when he heard everyone made it out alive.

Thranduil looked back at their interlocked fingers. He stayed silent for some time, before he had thought of what to say "I have never seen him care for someone as much as he cares for you. Even if you aren't my first choice for my son, I would like to see him happy. And if it's with you, then im consenting"

Veryan glanced up at the Lord, suspicion present in his eyes "And what made you come to that decision?"

Thranduil looked down, but he couldn't help the small smile that slipped out "Let's just say, an Elven women spoke true words to me. She was always by my side, and her word never lead me to a wrong path. I'm choosing to trust her once again"

Veryan chuckled. He knew there was something going on with Mirani and Thranduil, yet he just couldn't find enough evidence to conclude the two are anywhere close to being a couple.

The soft chuckled from Veryan stirred Legolas awake. "I will leave you two to it" Thranduil spoke as he stood to leave. Legolas blinked a couple of times, before the blurriness went away and he could finally focus on the figure in front of him.

"Veryan! Your finally awake!" he shouted in excitement, his eyes lighting up.

Veryan chuckled and slowly sat up, having Legolas help him out. When he was fully seated he grabbed the back of Legolas's neck, and smashed his lips against the other's, Legolas instantly leaning into the touch. 

The two just sat there in a sweet kiss what felt like hours, but was only a couple of minutes. Legolas slowly pulled away, leaning his forehead again'st Veryan's. "You have no idea how glad I am to see you well, my love

Veryan lifted to run his hand through Legolas's soft locks "Never wanted to scare you, darling"

Legolas leaned back, the most genuine smile present on his face. He took Veryan's hand firmly in his as the other slowly started to stand up, Legolas going to hold the Wizard's waist to help the other stand.