31

Giant worm-like creature's arose from the ground, braking through ground and the mountains. Every man fighting stopped, not believing what they were seeing.

"Oh, come on" Dain spoke out, frustrated at the worm creature distraction.

Bilbo huffed, and tossed Sting over his shoulder, Veryan's hand's turning to glow an even brighter purple.

Not long after, the Were-worms retreated, and out of the holes left, a fleet of Orcs emerged. Veryan pulled Bilbo closer to himself as every Dwarf turned from fighting the Elven guards, and to the approaching Orcs.

"The hordes of hell are upon us! Fight to the death!" Dain ordered as he ran along side his men, whilst the Elven guards got into small squadrons, letting the running Dwarves pass, not even moving to fight.

When every single Dwarf passed, the Elves got into a defensive stance, but yet again didn't move further to fight against the rapidly approaching Orcs. Veryan watched in horror as the Dwarves ran twords their inevitable death, being outnumbered by a lot.

"The Elves. Will they not fight?" Bilbo asked the two figures beside him, shocked at what he was seeing. 

Gandalf shook his head, his eye's trailed on the running Dwarves.

Mirani was too shocked her fellow guards did nothing. She turned to Thranduil, who looked lost on what to do. She made her mare go up right against his Elk, taking his hand in hers. The shocked face of the Lord turned to her, giving her the sign to speak "Thranduil, please, do not just stand there once again. This isn't about your Jewels anymore. There are lives at stake, and if we don't do anything, we will parish along side everyone here" 

Seeing as Thranduil was still stood shocked, she huffed, and dropped his hand. She pulled out her pure white sword and waved it around, getting the attention of some of the guards. She turned to them, glaring at each one "We are the Woodland Elves! We don't just run from a fight! So whoever is brave enough, stand and fight!

Thranduil gasped as Mirani's mare took off twords the Orcs, half of his guards following her lead. His eyes trailed onto her, and now he felt panic. Not for himself, or his kin, but for the woman, who stupidly, but bravely, chose to fight along side the other Dwarves.

He shouted out a quick order, before taking after the woman himself, the rest of his guards following. 

The Dwarves placed their shields on the ground, making a wall, prepared to strike, when from above jumped the Elven guards, slicing through the first wave of Orcs. Alongside them came jumping Mirani and Thranduil, swinging their identical swords around, killing every Orc that came their way. 

Veryan jumped up, cheering as he finally saw the Elves help. Finally Thranduil realized this wasn't the time to be petty. Life itself could come to an end if they didn't help. 

"Uh, Gandalf, Veryan? Is this a good place to stand?" Bilbo frantically asked as Elven guards moved past them.

Gandalf and Veryan however didn't answer. Their attention was quickly grabbed by giant Trolls, swinging massive weapon's to destroy everything in their path. A wave of arrow's were shot, sending some of the Orcs and Trolls falling dead to the ground.

"Azog. He's trying to cut us off" Gandalf whispered as another horn sounded. Veryan looked in the direction his mentor was looking at, and saw another fleet of Orcs heading for Dale. Veryan quickly turned to Gandalf "You get to Dale as soon as possible. I'll do everything I can to help out in the time being"

A nod came from Gandalf, and that was enough for Veryan to take off. He flew to Dale as fast as he could, dogging arrow's that flew his way. He saw a Troll with a wooden head piece heading for the city's walls, and he sped up. He dodged every Orc his way, and got right in front of the Troll, right as he was to hit the wall. Unfortunately, he reacted just a second too slow, and was sent flying through the wall as it collapsed, opening up a way for the Orcs to come in.