28

The light shaking on his shoulder was what woke Veryan this time. The Burton's graciously lent him some pillow's and blanket's, telling him he could sleep over for the night. They were quite a bit embarrassed their kids kept the young Wizard awake till the very early morning.

"What is it, Harriet?" Veryan asked the girl, still groggy from just being woken up.

"There is a fleet of Elves outside" she replied, still shaking Veryan's shoulder with her little hand.

The Heterochromia male hummed, about to go back to sleep, when the girl's words registered in his head. He quickly bolted up right, his hand's emedietly going to his violin, which was still securely attached to him. He then turned to Harriet, who looked startled by his sudden jolt "Where are your parent's?"

Harriet pointed to a broken king sized bed the couple were still sleeping on. Veryan rushed to his feet, going to the door "Wake up your parents. Stay close to the other's" and with that he was gone. 

He ran through the croud of people, them moving aside for him to walk through. He pushed through everyone as gently as he could, coming to a stop beside's Bard when he watched a carriage, full of fruit and vegetables, being driven into the city. He lightly gasped and looked up, seeing Lord Thranduil on his Elk, suited in his silvery armor. Next to him, on a pure white horse, sat Mirani, her silvery armor accenting her stone cold futures. 

The Elves began to distribute the food among's the people

The Elves began to distribute the food among's the people. Veryan however ignored the food brought alongside Thranduil, who's cold glare followed him as Bard thanked him. Instead, he jogged up to his sister, stopping just short in front of her. The woman stopped handing out supplies, dropping the vase she held in her arm's as she spotted Veryan. Thranduil and Bard stopped their talk momentarily, as they looked behind them to see what made the vase drop. 

The Lord's eyes once again turned stone cold when he witnessed the Heterochromia male, but they softened just as quickly as Mirani jumped into the taller's arms, hugging the Human with all her might, happy to see the other alive.

A small smile slipped from Thranduil's lips, but it was soon replaced by a motionless look when Bard once again spoke to him.

Veryan tightened his hold around Mirani's waist, pulling the woman in as the two laughed from relief. The Elven woman pulled away, her eyes holding unreleased tears. "You don't know just how glad I am to see you, my brother"

Veryan smiled at her, his own eye's holding in tears "And i could say the same to you, sister. I was very worried after the Orc attack"

The two hugged once more, but they quickly pulled away when Lord Thranduil turned his Elk in the direction of Erebor, his guard's starting to move.

"What in the hell is he doing?" Veryan hissed to Mirani as he watched Bard frantically call after Thranduil.

Mirani shook her head "We didn't just come to help. The Lord heard of the Mountain king returning, and want's to take back what is rightfully his"