Sᴀᴍ! - Sleep Aid (For You)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Caution Warning} ☟︎︎︎
[𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚊𝚌 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 / 𝙼𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 / Hint of mention towards past toxic relationships]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tank, commonly known as Darlin' was sitting on the couch in their living room, staring off into space. They had been zoning in and out for the last 10 minutes and had struggled to get to sleep not long ago...

well, not in their eyes.

In their eyes, it hadn't been a while, when in reality they had been here for the last 2 hours.

Still stuck in their own head, they were unaware of the male approaching them.

"ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴ'? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɪɴ' ᴜᴘ?"

Sam asked as he sat beside them, not recieving an answer.

"..ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴ'?"

he asked once again, catching their attention

"Huh- wha!?- oh- hey Sam. Uhm-..when did you get here?"

They asked, rubbing the back of their neck nervously as they looked at him.

"ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ. ᴡʜʏ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ?"

He asked, raising a brow as he looked at them, reaching to hold their hand. They smiled, holding their boyfriends hand as they replied

"Uh- I don't know.. just- kinda in my own head is all..guess I spaced out"

They laughed nervously as they looked at him.

"ᴏʜ, ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴ'.."

The male said sympathetically as he pulled them into his embrace

"ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɪʀ?"

he asked, recieving a nod as his partner hugged back. Running his hand through their hair, he spoke softly :

"ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜ..ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴍᴏᴜʀ ᴏғғ ɴᴏᴡ."

Darlin' held him close with a firm but caring grip as they struggled to say what was on their mind. Not saying fully what it all was, but hints of what the main parts were.

"I guess I'm just not used to it, is all.."

"ɪ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ.., ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ.."

He comforted, kissing their head.

"ʙᴜᴛ ᴏᴜʀ ғɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢ ɪs ᴅᴏɴᴇ..ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsᴛ, ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴ'..ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ, I ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ɴᴏ-ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ."

The vampire reassured, as he lay down on the couch, pulling his partner with him and laying them on his chest.

"...you promise?"

They asked hesitantly as if they were never going to see him again.

"ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ.. ɪ ɢᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜ. I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ."

He smiled, kissing their lips softly as they did the same.

"can we..lay here..for a while?"

They asked, cuddling closer to Sam as they closed their eyes.

"ᴏғ ᴄᴏᴜʀsᴇ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴ'."

He smiled, getting comfortable as he lay with them in his arms.

"mm, thank you..for all of this Sam."

They smiled, slowly drifting off

"ɪᴛ's ɴᴏ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ"

He replied, resting his head back onto the couch's arm rest, holding the other in his arms as he continued to play with their hair.

They smiled and felt a wave of tiredness hit them, as soon they fell asleep with their boyfriend.

"ɢᴏᴏᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴ' "

He smiled, kissing their head as he soon joined them.