Chapter 2: New Students

The first to attack was Motoyasu, whose spear was blocked by Yagi's shield. Yagi moved out of the path of Ren's sword, which he saw coming a mile away. Yagi ducked under an arrow, which he heard being shot by Itsuki.

Motoyasu and Ren tried their luck again, attacking Yagi at the same time. Both attacks were denied by another block of Yagi's shield, this time countering said attacks by pushing Motoyasu and Ren backward, causing them to tumble onto the ground.

Itsuki fired another arrow, which was about to pierce Ren in the chest if it wasn't blocked by Yagi in time, then thrown to a nearby tree. Ren saw an opportunity and managed to lay his palm on Yagi's back, giving the other heroes the victory.

"Good job, young man!" Yagi congratulated. "You also did great for beginners!"

"Man, the fact that you didn't even use your quirk didn't make this any easier." Motoyasu said, nervously scratching his head.

"It's mostly the experience of being a pro hero." Yagi said. "However, I notice that your physical conditions aren't that great for these types of battles, so there is a lot that you three can improve on!"

"What would those things be, Mr. Toshinori?" Itsuki asked.

"Well, for starters, your stamina needs some work." Yagi said. "Also, you should learn how to work as a team, along with your strength, intelligence, agility, and weapon experience. But most importantly, you need to improve your fighting spirit. After all, it takes courage to stand up against someone much stronger than you." Yagi replied.

"How may we be capable of doing so?" Ren asked.

Yagi thought for a moment before opening his menu, something catching his attention. It was an "info" tab. He clicked on it, and saw all types of information about his shield: abilities, uses, weaknesses, among many other things. Yagi turned to the three teens.

"There's an information tab in your menus, read it top to bottom until you have everything memorized, that should help you know your weapons better." Yagi said. "As for your physical condition, I'll train you. How does that sound?"

"Um, I'm not sure if we can handle training sessions with you..." Motoyasu said.

"It's only logical, who better to train us physically than a former hero?" Itsuki said.

"You do have a point... Alright, I'm up for it." Ren said.

Motoyasu sighed. "Well, let's do this." He said with a friendly smirk. "Sensei."

Yagi was caught off guard by being called Sensei, by Motoyasu of all three. Nonetheless, he rolled with it, and so did the other two teens.

"Wait. Sensei?" Itsuki said out of the sudden.

"Yes, young Kawasumi?" Yagi asked.

"What about our weapons? How will we learn to use them?" Itsuki questioned.

"I'm afraid that I can't help you with that." Yagi said. "I've never used weapons before, so I can't be much help."

"Oh, that's a shame." Itsuki said.

"So, what is our first task to better ourselves?" Ren asked.

"As I said before, read your weapon's information tabs until you have the basics. For now." Yagi said. "After that, we'll train for a bit, which will tire you out enough to knock you out cold when you go to sleep. Understand?"

"Yes, Sensei!" The three teens said in unison.

The four heroes spent time reading what they could about their weapon's capabilities, learning what they could do, ways to put them into practice and how to apply them when in combat with an actual enemy.

Yagi learned that by putting a certain amount of items into the shield, he can infuse said items into it. Yagi thought that could come in handy when a thought came to mind...

"I wonder..." Yagi whispered, plucking one of his hairs out and putting it over his shield.

The shield began to glow, absorbing the hair. Then, a screen popped up in front of Yagi.

"One For All Shield"

+200% Status boost to all stats.

+85% Passive resistance to all physical attacks.

+100% Status boost to nearby party members and legendary weapon users.

+Gives the user the ability to use the quirks of previous users of One for All.

Yagi was taken aback by the stunning stat boosts this shield offered, more specifically at the fact that he could use the quirks of the previous users of One for All, just like Deku could. Yagi tried to remember Deku's extra quirks:

-His master's quirk, Float.

-En's quirk, Smokescreen.

-Fa Jin, from the unnamed third user.

-Daigoro Banjo's quirk, Blackwhip.

-Hikage Shinomori's quirk, Danger Sense.

Yagi struggled to remember the second user's quirk, having no success in the attempt. Itsuki then entered the room.

"Excuse me, Sensei?" Itsuki asked.

"What is it, young Kawasumi?" Yagi replied.

"I and the others have finished memorizing the basics of our weapons for today. I do believe it's time for our physical training?" Itsuki asked.

"Ah, right. Tell the others to meet me outside, I'll be with you in a moment." Yagi said.

"Understood, Sensei!" Itsuki said, exiting the room.

Yagi managed to find a book to keep track of his pupils' improvements, which he infused with his shield.

"Book Shield"

+Records user's findings when active.

+No writing tool requiered.

With that done, Yagi headed outside.

***

Outside the castle...

Yagi was prepared to train his now-proclaimed students to become better heroes and push their sense of justice to its best, using his now renamed "Aim to Save. Road to Justice." routine. Yagi met the three teens outside, just like he told Itsuki to tell them so.

"All right young ones, since we don't have much time tonight, I'll make this quick. But that doesn't mean I'll go easy on your training." Yagi said.

"Can't say I didn't see this coming. I mean, look at the guy! Does he look like someone that would do 'easy'?" Motoyasu joked, trying to hide how nervous he actually was.

The three teens spent a good chunk of the night doing exercises, such as:

-Jump rope for 10 minutes.

-Running for 15 minutes.

-Meditation for 10 minutes.

-Handstanding for 5 minutes.

-Pushing/Pulling heavy objects for 5 minutes.

-Lifting for 5 minutes.

-75 Push-ups.

-75 Pull-ups

-75 Squats.

Needless to say, they were tired out.

"Not bad! I guess you must be exhausted now, so you may go to bed." Yagi said.

"Can't... move..." Itsuki said, with a near-dead tone.

"I think... I'll sleep here..." Ren said, lying down on the grass.

Motoyasu was already out cold.

Seeing as his students weren't gonna get up to go to bed, Yagi picked them up and brung them back to the castle. He placed Itsuki, Motoyasu, and Ren in separate rooms, giving each one their own bed.He took the time to tuck them in like a good father- AHEM ...teacher would.

Yagi headed to his room, intrigued by what tomorrow will have to offer.