Chapter 8: The First And Final Wave

Every hero had a target to take care of. Ren had to face the Chimera, the beast with four heads. The dragon head was the one who blasted a great fireball at him. Ren swung his sword at the fireball, creating a strong force of wind that sliced the fireball In half. Ren was just able to dodge the poison that was thrown at him by the viper head while he wasn't looking.

Ren switched his weapon to the katana, he needed to move faster to avoid the Chimera's attacks. Luckily for him, the katana gave Ren more speed to the point he created afterimages, confusing the beast.

"Now's as good a time to use this ability!" Ren said, flipping the katana upside down, still grabbing it by the handle. "Katana's special ability! Tenfold Funeral!"

Ren ran at the Chimera at blinding speeds, creating ten afterimages of himself. Six of them went for the heads, while the other four went for the legs and torso. The beast had all of its heads sliced away by Ren's deadly technique, falling to the ground with blood spilling everywhere near it. Ren would've collected the remains, but assisting others in defeating the rest of the bosses would be more important.

Meanwhile, Itsuki was against the Soul Eater, which was immune to physical attacks so Itsuki had to rely on his magic. As it turns out, Itsuki did spend some time learning different magic since he faced enemies like the soul eater before. He decided to use light magic to counter the Soul Eater's dark magic. It fired a black beam at Itsuki, to which he responded by firing a white beam of light, causing a great explosion.

Itsuki shot some arrows combined with his light magic, piercing the Soul Eater. This wasn't enough, as the holes the arrows made were too small to do anything. The beast charged a ball of darkness, firing it at Itsuki. He didn't know what to do until he remembered his secondary weapon. Itsuki switched to his crossbow, recalling that the projectiles it shot were fireworks instead of arrows.

He infused the crossbow with light magic, trying to test something. He fired the light magic firework. When it exploded, a huge ball of light hit the ball of darkness the Soul Eater had made, causing an even bigger explosion than the last one.

"Let's finish this quickly." Itsuki said. "Crossbow's special ability! Firework Airstrike!"

Itsuki shot a barrage of fireworks at the Soul Eater, the firework multiplied into hundreds of other fireworks infused with light magic. When all of them hit, a globe of light engulfed the beast that had now been reduced to ashes. Before helping Ren, he would need to help Motoyasu first.

Speaking of Motoyasu, he was struggling to battle the Inter-Dimensional Whale due to its sheer size and the continuous attacks it threw at him. Itsuki and Ren arrived shortly after to assist Motoyasu in his fight, by using the same attacks as the other two monsters. Ren used Tenfold Funeral and Itsuki used Firework Airstrike, but this only slightly damaged the whale.

All of them used their best attacks against the whale, depleting its health bit by bit. Motoyasu looked for any opening that could be the whale's weak spot to eliminate it as soon as possible. He noticed the gems which produced the magic attacks he was struggling with earlier, attacking one of those gems and shattering it. The whale could no longer use attacks that corresponded to that gem, giving Motoyasu an idea.

"Guys! Attack the gems!" Motoyasu said, switching to the Halberd.

Ren and Itsuki nodded, both directed their attacks at the gems of the Inter-Dimensional Whale, while Motoyasu prepared his next attack.

"Halberd's special ability! Slash Hurricane!" Motoyasu swung his halberd in the air, creating a powerful hurricane that spun multiple halberds around. Every halberd attacked a different gem, cracking them before breaking into pieces. "Alright! We got that over with, let's go help Midoriya!"

Bakugo was facing the Spirit Tortoise. This was a horrible matchup for the Tortoise, as Bakugo's explosions have more than enough firepower to set the beast ablaze while causing serious collateral damage. The Spirit Tortoise's lightning attacks weren't that effective, either as Bakugo was too versatile and fast with his explosions, easily dodging bolt after bolt.

"I'm not wasting time with some stupid monster! I'll destroy you right here, right now!" Bakugo yelled, spinning himself with his explosions and raising his axe.

The spinning turned into a tornado of fire, which soon turned to smoke. The tornado was surrounded by rings of fire. Once the tornado was big enough, Bakugo swung his axe at the Spirit Tortoise, unleashing a massive explosion upon it. He managed to break through the creature's shell, reducing it to pieces of rubble and burning flora. Bakugo immediately blasted himself to the sky and chased after Deku, still salty about getting chosen before him.

Todoroki faced two Phoenix, which rendered his fire quirk an invalid option. Todoroki had no choice but to use his ice, occasionally using his fire to heat himself up. At the time, Todoroki's been using small attacks to fend off the Pheonix duo. Both the Pheonix charged at Todoroki, but what they didn't know is that is exactly what he wanted. Todoroki slammed his hand at the ground, creating a giant wave of ice.

It traveled across the plains, freezing the entire area on impact. The Pheonix duo's flames were put out by the overwhelming amount of ice that was thrown at them, along with frostbite and the sharp edges of the ice, that froze and pierced them to death. Todoroki followed after Bakugo by sliding on his ice.

Finally, there was Yagi and the Kirin's matchup. The Kirin's wind attacks were nearly nothing close to Yagi's quirks, as he easily weaved and dodged the attacks, even pushing him away did nothing.

"Detroit Smash!" Yagi shouted, reeling his fist and thrusting it forward. This created a huge gust of wind that pushed the Kirin back a bit.

Yagi decided to finish this fight already, as he saw his other students running in the direction Deku had chased after the priest who had taken Raphtalia as a hostage. He composed himself for his final attack to finish off the Kirin quickly.

"Texas Smash!" Yagi shouted, connecting his fist and the Kirin's face. The Kirin was sent crashing downwards, creating a massive crater that created a small tornado due to the force of Yagi's punch. "And now, to get young Midoriya and Raphtalia." said Yagi, floating towards the direction their students headed to at high speed, catching them with blackwhip to get all of them there faster. "We're coming to help, young Midoriya. Keep Raphtalia safe, we are almost there."