Chapter 9: Together

Every hero headed toward Deku's path, finding themselves in the church they were previously in. In there, they saw Deku carrying Raphtalia on his back, protecting her from the continuous barrage of attacks the priest cast at them.

"Ah, the shield devil and the other traitors. What an unpleasant surprise to see you here." The priest said, staring down at the rest of the heroes.

"Give it up, you're outnumbered." Itsuki said, aiming his bow at the priest.

"And any one of us could easily defeat you on our own." Motoyasu added.

"I'm very well aware of your power, so I prepared for the occasion." The priest replied, smiling slyly. He summoned the bosses of every wave once again.

"We defeated your petty monsters once, and we'll do it again if we have to." Ren said.

All the beasts were starting to merge, creating a monster of greater size and power than any of the people present could only dream of defeating.

"You don't scare me, old man! I'll blast your damn pet to hell!" Bakugo said, ready to attack the monstrosity. He used the same attack he utilized to defeat the Spirit Tortoise. He charged at it, creating a giant explosion that left a huge smokescreen of fire and ashes.

To everyone's shock, nothing happened. Not even the slightest amount of heath points was taken away. Everyone tried their own attacks, but nothing seemed to work. Even Yagi punched it with the force of a Detroit Smash, still nothing. It was just too powerful. The beast sent a combination of every attack of the bosses straight at the heroes, being blocked by the most powerful defense, a really large version of Yagi's shield. Yagi was being pushed back, and the shield was starting to crack little by little.

"We better do something, fast!" Ren shouted.

"Let's get out of here! We won't have much space to move in if we just sit around in this damn church!" Motoyasu yelled. "Let's go!"

Everyone ran towards the exit, except Bakugo, Deku and Yagi.

"I can't let All Might do this alone! It's my duty as a hero! I'll save everyone, even if it means risking my own life for their safety." Deku shouted, activating One for All.

"I'm not gonna run away like a damn coward! I'll blow that thing to bits if it's the last thing I-" Bakugo was interrupted bu Yagi.

"Young Midoriya! While I am proud of your conviction to be a hero, you're the one who currently has Raphtalia on their hands! And young Bakugo, listen to the others and get to an open area, one where there are no civilians!" Yagi exclaimed.

"What about you, Sensei?" Motoyasu asked from a distance.

"I'll be fine, now go!" Yagi said, assuring his students that he would be okay.

Everyone nodded and left the church, with Yagi's shield cracking more and more. Before it fully broke, Yagi floated to the top of the church, just barely avoiding the deadly attack's destructive power. He dashed behind the abomination and grabbed it by its tail, which just so happened to be the viper's head from the Chimera. He put as much strength as he could to spin the beast around the church, eventually gaining so much momentum that when he let go, the beast was sent flying at high speeds for its size.

Yagi jumped in the direction where the beast had landed. Coincidentally, it was just a few inches away from his students' direction.

"Well, that was close." Itsuki said, extremely nervous.

"Yeah, no kidding..." Ren said, less stoic than usual.

"I knew Sensei was crazy strong, but holy crap..." Motoyasu said, visibly impressed.