we're on my bed, blankets over our head

Itadori's Pov

There's a subtle difference as we walk down the streets, Achlys' luggage rattling on the uneven ground as we push each other for shade.

There's soft giggles that turned into full blown laughter when I slipped again and landed on my ass, his bucket hat had flown away when a large gust of wind turned the umbrella inside out, he laughed louder and so did I.

We played on the puddles, stepping on each other's shoes like silly little kids, he sniffled after letting out a monster of a sneeze that had me wheezing.

I gripped on his shoulder, pushing myself further under the shade as the rain fell heavier and the wind harsher, he smiled pushing me back out but I prevailed causing him to nearly fall over, we laughed, once again we laughed.

No one on the streets paid us any mind, well it's not like anyone is walking out either, it's just me, the cars, the fading sounds of stray cats and one Achlys Than.

When we finally arrived Infront of my apartment complex I pushed open the door first and placed the umbrella on the side as I braved through the rain and helped Achlys pull up his case. "What's in this?" I asked jokingly as I grabbed his hand when he nearly slipped, he smiled "half of my life, want some?" He joked, I rolled my eyes.

We pushed each other inside shivering, I groaned falling to the wall and slid down, Achlys did the same. In Front of me, we're crouched in front of each other, feet overlapping inside the tiny hallway looking like a bunch of wet no good teens.

Achlys let out a breath, hands shaking as he gripped on his umbrella and eyes closed, he looked cold. I groaned, pushing myself up again and let out a hand. "Come let go inside"

He smiled and grabbed my hand as I pulled him up. We both shook a little like shivering wet dogs as we made our way through the tiny hallway up the skinny staircase, laughing when Achlys hit his head on the second floor ceiling above the stairs.

I helped him pull up his luggage nearly falling into our inevitable death but we just laughed it off, despite losing a job I feel giddy and silly. I sighed.

"Welcome to my humble abode" I opened the door like I was showing off a million dollar mansion then it hit me, this is a one bedroom apartment with a guest half drenched and shaking on my door.

"I did not think this through" I mumbled, groaning as I palm my face. Achlys laughed at my misery "you just realized that now?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Is it too late to kick you out?" I'm joking, I could never kick him out. "Yup" he states, proud and planted himself inside, dripping all over the floor.

"You're making a mess" I snorted out but I'm not any better, I shivered slightly pushing past him to open the heater.

I sighed and sat down. In Front of it, Achlys after his wandering eyes stopped moving he sat down by my side. "Oh yes, this is life" he groaned, stretching his hands up as he removed his wet windbreaker letting it fall pathetically on the ground. The floor creaked a little as he pushed his hands behind him and leaned on it.

More freckles. Down his neck...inside his shirt...I wonder where it would end?

After a few moments of silence with the rain tapping on my window Achlys spoke. "So what now?" He asked, looking at me, I cringed. "Do we really have to talk about this now?" I asked.

He shrugged. "We're gonna have to talk about it eventually" I sighed and copied his pose, inhaling the artificial heat and letting it settle on my lungs before yanking it out of my body. "I sleep on the couch?" I offered, he raised an eyebrow. "You have a couch?" He asked snorting, I rolled my eyes. "Thought that was a chair"