we shared secrets all day.

Itadori's Pov,

I can't sleep and it's not because of the fact that someone is in my bed, it should be but it's not.

It's quite outside, mostly disturbed by the cars passing by. Lights bleed through my thin curtains everytime a car passes by illuminating the dark room for a second.

The bed shift, Achlys faced my side.

He was sleeping deeply for someone who ran away. I sighed and sat up letting the blanket fall to my lap as I palmed my face. I don't even know why I'm like this.

I was happy just a while ago, we were laughing, giggling and playing around.  The cold has made home in my bones, settling deep and curling in my spine. Undeniably I feel empty.

A soft humm disturbed my inner turmoil as I looked to my side, Achlys had stolen my pillow face buried deep and hands gripping the pillow tightly.

Was I that desperate to fill the emptiness inside my home I let a complete stranger in with just a name? A laugh escaped my lips, defeated. I rest on the headboard of my bed.

I can't describe the feeling, I'm so alone yet I don't want anyone to come in. I'm so alone that I crave for a stranger's presence yet I get so overwhelmed after the adrenaline crashes down, what is this feeling?

Desperation?

Hypocrisy?

Depression?

I sighed, palming my face and running it to my hair and groaned gently. I missed my shift tonight, a car honked in the distance and the bed shifted again.

"Can't sleep?" The presence on my side asked, I looked towards him.

Cheeks pressed on the pillow, hands tight around it and eyes drooping lazily, sleep evident on his face and tiredness sipping through his bones making home deep and curling through his spine as he curled.

"Yeah" I said, eyes strained over his splayed figure, my hand subconsciously ran towards his hair. It's soft but thin, he hummed and let me do so. "A penny for your thoughts?" He asked.

"It's not worth that much" I answered as I faced him, he hummed and moved forward pushing the pillow to the side and placed his head on my lap, the pressure is grounding. 

I can finally breathe again.

"A dime then?" He smiled, I smiled back. "Why do you wanna know?" I asked, he leaned on my hand. "I offered a company in exchange for lodging " he smiled, bright and proud.

"Cheeky" I started pulling his cheeks, he laughed. "But it's nothing" I pushed, he hummed and leaned his head back on my thigh. "I'll take the company though"

A beat of silence.

"I can't sleep," he suddenly says.

"You were snoring," I added. He smiled.

"That was before, I can't sleep now" he added tracing triangles on my feet, I hummed.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I asked, smiling.

"Too cheap, my thoughts are expensive" he states jokingly.

"A dollar is all I have" I say, he smiles, I smile wider.

"I feel guilty" he says, maybe it's because we're still strangers in a sense that he feels safe telling me his emotions? It's easier to open up to a stranger who could disappear in the morning and never come again than to a lifelong friend after all.

But he's the one who's gonna disappear tomorrow, sadly.

"About?" I urged, he shifted slightly.

"I didn't tell you the full reason why I ran away" he says, I hummed. "I kinda pinpoint it's because of your job that you run away though the case is new" he smiled.