my mind wondered but he remained constant.

Itadori's Pov,

The world kept on spinning in my eyes, Achlys remained constant.

Hyper focus on his face I let my mind wonder, senses all wobbly.

My name is Itadori Katsumi and I'm 26 year old. A graduate with a degree on Computer Science and currently lives alone in the Big Apple with not one but three jobs (before) living in a overpriced one bedroom apartment that I managed to scrapped because of my parents money.

I left California the moment I could, stole my dad's credit card and bought an apartment before it could get frozen.

My parents and I didn't fight, no we didn't.

We were a dysfunctional family and up to this day we still are, I barely call them.

I'm an only child, not wanted.

My mom got pregnant because of an accidental condom rift, and because her parents are over the top and very traditional, abortion wasn't part of the answer choice.

With a heavy heart they raised me, no, their money raised me.

I get the best toys, a room to myself and maids that will bend to my will.

I didn't hate it, as a child I adored it.

I felt no connection to them, my mother even told me it wasn't her breast milk that I'm feeding on, it was some poor woman who mom paid.

I don't care where they go and they don't care what I do as long as I don't embarrass them, it's a win-win situation.

Of course kids bullied me, saying I'm not wanted and I'm adopted.

They're not wrong, well partially.

My parents didn't want me but I'm not adopted.

My grandma made sure I was my dad's son, with all those 30 DNA tests I doubt I'm some drunkard's son.

Anyways, all through my childhood I had Ana. An old japanese lady that my grandparents had known since they were young, she took care of me and kept me in touch with my culture.

She held my hand when we crossed the road, she helped me put on my raincoat and watched me play in the rain. She sang me songs in languages varying from English to Japanese.

She was present on mother's day, and dressed up for father's day.

Ana is my only family and I'm fine with that.

I don't need parents who don't and would never need me, I doubt I could even call them my parents.

My grandparents (from my mother's side) would often come over, play with me and look at my school grades, nod, pat my head and leave.

I didn't feel any connection to them as well, to me they were strangers and will continue to stay so.

I'm happy with Ana and Ana is happy with me.

Until she wasn't.

Ana had enough one day, she snapped and screamed at me.

Why can't you be normal!?

I didn't understand, I am normal.

I may be a little quiet, a little recluse and A little conscious of everyone- I may not form any bonds with others but I am normal.

I didn't form any bonds with other kids but I have Ana and Ana is enough.

Ana didn't think so, she packed her bag, grabbed my parents money and left.