The Bakery

15 year old POV

You walk from school to the center of town holding Rae's hand. It is only about a ten minute walk from the school. She is your best friend and you love her so much.

When you reach your destination, you push the door open and a small bell rings above the door. "Hi grandma!" You smile and run over to her to give her a hug. She hugs you and returns a huge smile.

"Hello my baby. How are you?"

"I'm doing well, I was wondering if you needed any help today."

"Oh yes I do! I'm behind on baking in the back so if you and your friend would like to go there then you can." She says.

"Okay we will." You take Rae's hand and drag her to the back towards the kitchen.

"Y/n..I don't know how to bake.."

"Well..now you will learn." You give her a huge smile and she just blushes a little. This will be fun.

***

"Rae!" You giggle when you look up. She is covered in flour and is pouting. She hugs you covering you in flour as well. "Now how did you manage to do this?" You ask her with an eyebrow raised.

"I kinda turned the mixer on too high and the flour went everywhere.." she laughs.

"Oh what am I going to do with you?" You ask and hold her close. She just laughs and you look into her eyes. You get the familiar butterflies in your stomach.

Her face is really close to yours and before you even know what you are doing, your lips are on hers. But to your surprise, she doesn't pull away. She kisses you back. When you step back you look at her.

"Woah...that was.."

"Wow.." you finish for her.

"So you felt it too?" She asks shyly.

"You mean feeling like my entire body was on fire? Yes. That was amazing.." you mumble and she nods in agreement.

"I've always liked you more than a friend.." she whispers.

"Me too." You admit and she smiles. You hold her a little closer and then the timer goes off for the oven.

"Cookies are done." She says and opens the oven. They are heart shaped sugar cookies that need to be decorated.

"How fitting." You smile at her after looking at the cookies.

"Very." She says to you with a big smile. You kiss her again and that's when your grandmother walks in.

"Oh it's about time!" She smiles and the two of you blush looking at her.

"W-what?" You ask.

"Oh you two lovebirds. You should have been together a long time ago." She laughs to herself.

"Oh.." you blush and Rae smiles. She loves when you get this flustered.

"Why don't you two wash up and head out for the day. Enjoy. It's nice outside. Maybe go on a date.."

"Grandma!"

"What? I'm just suggesting somethings." She holds her hands up in surrender. At this point Rae is in a fit of laughter and you couldn't be happier at the sight in front of you.

——————————

This ones so cute

-Andy💕