10

"My Lord...please slow down!" Akina pleaded as her husband pulled her down the road. Although she was facing his back, she can feel how infuriated he felt at that moment. For around him, the air felt humid, and she could hardly breathe as his silence suffocated her.

"It's my fault, my Lord, I'm sorry for being ignorant. Please stop walking and talk to me.." She pleaded, and he took a halt.

"Sorry? Why are you sorry?" He asked, turning towards her. Then he looked her in the eyes and asked again. "Why are you sorry, Akina?"

She didn't know what to respond.

"Do you realize why I am so infuriated right now?" He hissed and for the way his haws trembled, she could tell he was doing all he can to hold back his anger.

Gazing away from him and looking down, she could only shake her head slowly in response.

"It's because someone mistreated my Wife." He declared, and her eyes widened. Suddenly her gaze became drawn to his purple eyes. "And it rages me even more because they might have been that way to you all your life." He said, gripping his fist so tightly his entire palms were flushing red.

"I..I.." Akina only stammered, failing to find the right words to utter.

She would be lying if she said she wasn't afraid. All her life in the Iyashi household, she has been a subject to anger. Beaten, and lcoked up when she makes a mistake. At some point, she believed it was normal. Who's to say Ayato wouldn't be like that?

But to her surprise, while he did grab her arm too tightly, it was to pull her into a tight embrace.

As she leaned unto his chest, his sweet flowery scent filled her mind, and for the first time in a while, she felt so warm she could just melt right there and cry her tears away.

"I know you resent me for binding you into this marriage. I cannot promise that I will be able to let you go, but this I can promise you,   I will do my very best to make you happy, and no one, not even your own kin would be able to harm you as long as you're with me." He whispered in a comforting tone.

It was true, she resented him. She resented all of them that clipped her wings and ruined her life. Being caged into his strong arms, she felt so suffocated. While there are times where she could feel that he was being genuine, at times, his affection still felt like chains that keeps her ensnared.

Still, as he embraced her and rubbed her back with his huge palm, while a part of her felt suffocated, she openly welcomed his comfort, because she knew, that his presence was the closest she will ever come to feel relief, and she was too exhausted to break away of that cage.