88

"i think i'll be quite busy from now on," jisung muttered as the two now sat on the living room couch, only a giant duck plush apart.

it was the first time he'd visited her after she got discharged, and the two decided it'd be best to just laze around.

the boy was at a loss of words when he first came in the morning to see the three siblings grilling meat, free of parental supervision as the lee parents had a brunch reunion with some ol highschool chingus.

But now that the two obnoxious ones are gone, truth be said, it did get kinda lonely.

"you will?" somin hummed, sipping on whatever liquid substance taemin put in her waterbottle, "that's gonna be tough."

its sour

it was lemon.

"hang in there." she muttered.

"what project is it this time?" somin asked, "you can trust me, my brothers always tell me what they work on and information never leaked."

jisung stared at her for the unnessescary persuasion, he was about to answer when she cut him anyways.

"collab with an international artist,-"

"that's cool."

"you're not gonna listen till i finish?"

"there's more?" somin gawked.

"well, no. for now that's all we're told." the boy blinked.

"congratulations."

"what's that for?"

"just feel like that's something worth congratulating," somin muttered, "want a cake?"

"what."

"i'll search the depths of our fridge for cake," somin declared, prepping herself up with her crutches.

"you don't have to??" jisung squawked, panicking as he squabbled around trying to assist her to the kitchen.

"i feel like ahreum unnie's fiance brought back cake the other day..," the girl muttered to herself, as serious as an adventurer on a quest, completely ignoring the panicking boy by her.

the two finally settled with somin holding onto his arm, and him holding her arm back, to make sure she's super safe, he said.

"i can walk pretty fine now yknow." somin mumbled.

jisung didnt even spare a word, he stared at her crutch then back to her.

"it's for additional support."

"i too, would like to be additional support."

somin jeered at this boy's stone of a head, deciding to roll with it.

that is until jisung slammed his toe on some furniture, resulting to him slowly getting on his knees.

"uh, you okay?" now was somin's turn to squawk, panicked when the boy got in a dogeza by her feet.

never has she been so frustrated at the fact that she cant squat down to his level.

"uHm, bad table." somin muttered, smacking the table jisung's toe ran into.

"the hell is that?" she heard his low chuckles, relief washing over her as the boy got up from the floor.

but he stayed there, on one knee beside her, clutching to his still throbbing toe.

its nice he's tall

i could still reach him

jisung wanted to lean on her when he felt soft soothing pats on the crown of his head, but threw the idea out immediately remembering she finds even standing difficult.