91

note: IM SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT HERE'S AN EXTENSIVE INCIDENT REPORT OF THE 18TH

.

unusual. jisung had stood there for some moment, but the door won't open although he's heard chatters from inside. should i ring the bell again?

as if knowing his thoughts, the door creaks open, just a little. enough for the person on the other side to eye the landscape, just in case, "your manager left already?" he asks.

"kai hyung," jisung chuckles, somewhat entertained seeing him cautios like that, "yeah, not long ago. you're here again,"

"same goes for you," he smirks, opening the door wider for him to come in, "i'm always around, with or without taemin home."

"cool."

"oh, happy belated birthday, kid!" the senior congratulated, giving him a side hug. jisung chuckled, thanking him.

"by the way i dont see the puppies around," jisung comments. usually, although the dogs got used to him visiting, they still would bark him hello whenever he came. not today though, not a single fur baby in sight.

"yeah, father and mother brought them to the pet salon for a lil makeover? they might attend the wedding at this rate," kai hypothesizes. but of course he doesnt know yet, currently he's made a mental note to ask later.

"ahreum nuna's out cold, asleep upstairs. taeseon hyung just woke up himself," kim jongin, not a member of the lee household, lets the boy know.

"i heard they had trouble finalizing their wedding guest list and invitations yesterday till late," he adds. "yikes, hope that's solved." jisung shook his head.

"solved, thankfully," kai nods, "that's why they're only up this late in the evening,"

"you know a lot, hyung." jisung woah-ed.

"i'm basically ahreum nuna's bro." the older smiles smugly.

"not taseon hyung's?"

"i've known them for long, ahreum nuna's better no matter how you see it."

jisung couldnt help but agree. he too would pick ahreum over taeseon. the choreographer should never know of this though.

before the two could say anything else, the muffled chatters became clearer, and he was sure it came from the kitchen. "i bet they didnt even realize the doorbell rang," the adoptive son grumbled, stomping his way ahead to the kitchen.

jisung just chuckles, tailing behind.

"AHHH SO MESSY- WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?" they hear somin shriek. subsequently, taemin joins in with a threatening tone, "AGH HYUNG, give me the knif- gIVE IT."

jisung: ◜‿◝"" ?

jongin stops by the kitchen entrance, sighing to himself at the mess. on the other hand, jisung couldnt help but laugh at the scene. the eldest sibling had half opened eyes, nibbling on a slice of cake. his hair resembled a bird's nest, and some butter cream stuck on his nose and on his forehead. to make things weirder, the kitchen counter had a lot of random combinations sprawled all over: cake, jam, biscuits, cereal, milk, kimchi, fresh celeries, and frosty meat. the middle child was busy cutting the cake with chocolate and green sprinkles, while the youngest, was sitting by the stove, hands busy grilling meat.

for a second jisung was afraid to announce his arrival, because what the hell are these three gonna try to feed him.

"jisung's here," kai announces, much to the younger boy's dismay.

taeseon doesnt budge, while the two younger siblings jumped in their spots. taemin swiftfully holds up the half destroyed cake and starts to sing happy birthday as he walked up to jisung who was frozen in shock.