11| ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER.

Vihaan stood beside Aradhya as they watched the whole palace being rearranged. Every nook and corner was changed and every detail was never as what it was before.

Vihaan had made the thoughtful decision of taking Aradhya's advice. Aradhya knew how Amar would plan attacks, how he would deceive. Being with him for that long was a benefit.

"Are you sure that he knows the layout of our palace?" Vihaan asked as he checked his things being shifted to the other room. Aradhya hummed.

"He has been to your palace many times now. He already has the sketched out map to your palace." Aradhya said.

"Wait, how do you know that?"

"He has shown it to me a couple of times. And has hinted at the thought of taking over your kingdom."

"He can try."

"Don't be too confident. He can succeed if he tries. He holds too much wit not to"

"Again, he can try. Now that I have his weakness on my side," Vihaan glanced at her, "I don't think he can win."

"He can. I can be killed easily you see. Maybe even by my mother."

"Stop saying that. You have just healed, for god's sake. He won't be attacking you again. I have to protect you."

Aradhya for once did not like the sound of his words. She felt like she was an obligation again. She sighed.

"I'll be going. And I think both of our rooms are the same now, so I guess I'll be there." Aradhya said and turned to walk away.

"Be ready by the night. We have somewhere to be."

"Really, can you not take Rihit with you. I don't want to come."

"Stop whining. Just come."

. . . .

Aradhya and Vihaan stepped out of the palace with disguises on. Cloaks and normal attire.

"Stay close," Vihaan spoke.

"Whatever. I can handle it on my own." Aradhya whispered showing off her daggers. She said and turned around but...almost ended up on the ground, but had her wrists caught by Vihaan's hand. She turned around, embarrassed.

"Well, you can handle it on your own once you stop tripping literally over the air." Vihaan rolled his eyes.

"We'll have to wait here. The gang members will be here but at what time? I didn't know."

The two were out, tracking the "Jasmine gang" as Aradhya knew. A team Amar uses to spy and steal from Ashokdhar.

The night was silent yet really beautiful. Vihaan and Aradhya stood by the compound of houses of the kingdom. Crammed in that little space, they had nothing else they could do except avoid awkward gazes and accidental touching.

The vicinity was maddening. They could hear each other's breathing. It was evident to them that both of them were not very sure of the position they were in.

Vihaan glanced at Aradhya as she gazed away from him looking at the other end of the little space. Her hair was pulled into a simple, unadorned braid. She had a shawl wrapped around her shoulder and head. Her eyes glowed as she looked at a burning fire at a distance. Her light brown complexion and her features were piercing.

It was around the first time, Vihaan noticed Aradhya that close. Noticed her every feature.

Aradhya turned to look at Vihaan to find him staring at her. A sense of intrigue in his eyes. A bit of surprise and a bit of turmoil.