13| THE ROYAL MONARCHY.

Nandini tried her best to escape but ended up getting caught between Rihit and the wall

Nandini tried her best to escape but ended up getting caught between Rihit and the wall. A mischievous grin spread on Rihit's face as he walked closer.

"Vihaan won't like this..." Nandini spoke genuinely annoyed, "We can't be doing this always."

"What do you suggest we do?" Rihit leaned in leaving just a few inches between him and Nandini.

"Rihit, stop. Someone may walk in on us. Rajmata can walk through the door right now."

"Look, I wasn't the one who started this. You were the one who went head over heels for me. I'm just playing along."

"You wish. I was not--"

The door beside them burst open and Aradhya strode in as soon as she did she squealed while Rihit and Nandini jumped apart.

"For god's sake, are you two serious..." Aradhya asked, her face showing her emotions exactly.

"No, Aradhya...we were just..." Nandini spoke.

Aradhya held out her hand, "You can't keep risking yourselves like this. I agreed on the fact that I'll talk to Vihaan about you two but I haven't spoken yet. Like, Vihaan could have walked in this door right now."

Aradhya pointed towards Rihit, "and you, you better watch out. If not you are really going to ruin your relationship with Vihaan."

Rihit coyly nodded. Nandini looked down blush reddening her face. Aradhya smiled at them. She grabbed Nandini, "Sorry, Rihit you will have to continue...this sometime else."

.   .   .   .

"Are you sure you'll find them here?" Nandini asked as she sat swinging her legs at a bench in the capital of Ashokdhar. Aradhya sat by her side eagerly waiting.

"As of what Rajmata told me a few days ago, they should be seen here."

Nandini let out a small groan beside Aradhya. They had been trying to get a swing at the outcasts. Those who particularly struck Aradhya's interests. After two weeks of scavenging, they finally found them.

A group of women with two men, masking their faces, trying to camouflage in the crowd of people, but most dominantly fearless walked in. They stood by the lake at the kingdom and filled up their pots while the men dealt with carrying them. Aradhya and Nandini walked as fast their feet could get them.

Only on seeing the outcasts' faces crumpled up. They seemed disgusted more than angry.

"Excuse me," Aradhya started but the outcasts turned away. Aradhya and Nandini seemed desperate almost. They walked faster and stood before the outcasts. The outcasts let out a long sigh. 

"Please, Maharani. We don't have any issues or relations with the monarchy of this kingdom. I think it's done enough for us. Please let us live and live yourself too." One of the women spoke coldly. Aradhya yet insisted. 

"Please listen to us. We aren't here to oppose you or arrest you. We...we want to help." Nandini spoke. Aradhya and Nandini had been on the hunt for quite some time. Through time, Nandini sort of realized how important it was for Aradhya. She didn't know why and neither did Aradhya. 

"Help us?" one of them scoffed, "I don't think you are in any position to make that statement. Especially after you scattered us like this." and suddenly they stopped. as if a sudden realization dawned on all of them. One of them stepped forward and looked at Aradhya almost suspiciously and with hints of hope in their eyes. 

"Our leader says...someone like you can only help us when they become one of us."

.   .   .   .

"Well, you've been quite busy," Vihaan commented as he swung his sword strategically while eyeing Aradhya who took off her scarlet shawl, "Where were you?"

Aradhya cocked one of her eyebrows up and smirked, "Why do you have to know? It is none of your business."

Vihaan stopped with an offended look. He stood gasping in the hot air of the arena. Sweat had formed on his built physique. His muscles looked strained. Aradhya subtly gazed over him but turned away trying not to make her swooning evident. Vihaan noticed her uncertainty with her overexposure and pulled her shawl over himself. 

"Excuse me, sir, I need that to be returned, washed," Aradhya warned. 

"Please, you don't know how hard it is to train okay? It is harder than it looks." Vihaan stated ever so confidently assuming that Aradhya had no knowledge of swordplay. Aradhya almost burst out laughing but she held herself. 

"I don't think it's that true, Vihaan." Rihit's voice cut through as he walked in with Nandini tailing him. Vihaan squinted his eyes. He set his sword down and his hand fanned his face. 

"That aside, you two seem to hang out too much these days. Don't plot anything against me though" Vihaan's face bore too much suspicion. Rihit and Nandini immediately darted their eyes towards Aradhya, who behind Vihaan, face-palmed himself. 

"Aradhya was about to duel you right now," Nandini spoke in an attempt to escape while pushing Aradhya into the pit.  Aradhya still stood unfazed by the thing that happened. Vihaan doubtfully turned at Aradhya and giggled. 

"Please, stop with the jokes. Aradhya? Duelling me?"

"You know what? Yes. I will duel you, Maharaj Vihaan, unless you are afraid..." Aradhya said provokingly. Vihaan smirked and threw a sword at Aradhya. She most gracefully caught it and stepped into the arena. 

"Are you sure you want to challenge me?" Vihaan asked still not sensing the literal fire in her eyes. Rihit giggled by their side. 

"Vihaan, you may need to back out. You don't know about her swordplay. Just a fair warning, she was the one who taught Vikram." 

Vihaan went stoic. He now knew the exact meaning of the smirk that played in Aradhya's lips. He didn't believe it not even for a second. He just swung his sword beside him. 

"Ready?" He asked Aradhya but her attention was suddenly cut off. Faint noises arose from outside the arena. Aradhya suddenly met Vihaan's eyes and dropped the sword. She sprinted out of there with a speed which was inhumane. Vihaan, Rihit and Nandini were all surprised. Just then a maid stood at the door of the arena panting and gasping. 

"Maharaj! Maharani Sadhana had gone into labour."

🗡️