23| ALWAYS A LOOPHOLE

Aradhya sat feeling giddy yet nauseous in her gut. She still was unsure if the was with the child or not. It was just a wild logical guess. She held back from telling the news to Vihaan only because she wanted the matter to be set in stone by the doctors.

Her nausea and uneasiness could majorly have been an adverse effect of the work and improper routines according to Nandini. She sat in her room where Vihaan had locked her in after knowing that she was sick.

"What are you trying to say?" Aradhya asked Vihaan who stood before her confidently yet nervousness showed on his face but mildly.

"Nothing. I want you to know that I appreciate your help in letting me heal. In providing everything for me when I should be the one doing that for you." Vihaan spoke.

"I...I never thought I would hear those words from your mouth. Not that you aren't a grateful person but...it feels weird when you say things like that."

"I don't know how to say what I want to say but I know that you already know what it is. Uh..."

"Yea, I do. You are grateful for me. Isn't that right?"

"No... uh, well, yes but...there's some-something else."

Aradhya'a thinking was brought to a halt when Rihit entered the room with a platter of food. Aradhya sighed and said

"You know I am not supposed to eat heavy meals-"

"Stop. You are supposed to be eating for two people. You shouldn't get weak..." Rihit sat down beside her bed after putting the food in her hands.

"I'm not officially pregnant. The doctors have to give their confirmation. I haven't even consulted them yet."

"I do not care. There's no need for any confirmation. I know you are pregnant. And don't think I'm doing this for you. I doing this for my coming nephew or niece."

"Thank you, that was assuring..." Aradhya sarcastically sighed while Rihit grinned at her.

"I'm not sure, Rihit," Aradhya said catching Rihut off guard, "I am not sure if I need this child."

"Don't say that. You'll be the happiest in the world when you see your child."

"That is not what I meant. I want this child but I don't necessarily need it. It can become really tough. Darsh is still growing up. I have to do my duties to the kingdom. I cannot get sick now. And I don't know how Vihaan would even react to all this."

"He loves you. He wouldn't be anything but happy."

Aradhya sat for a while a small pile played on her lips, "all this will become so funny if I find out that I'm not with child."

. . . .

Aradhya bobbed Darsh on her shoulders. She was still in her room when Nandini entered. Aradhya knew she would come with a lot of embarrassing questions. Aradhya braced herself for what was to come.

"Did you eat? Did you consult the doctor?" She asked.

"I haven't. I got no time. I had a lot to do. I had to secretly hold council with the ministers and also had to check with the blacksmiths of the kingdom."

Aradhya still waited for funnier questions to come and on cue... they did.

"Don't even mind me asking...but how? When did you two get so close?" Aradhya sighed

"and when did he confess? Or did you confess? When did all this happen?" Nandini continued

Aradhya sat down with Darsh still on her shoulder. She was indeed tired. But Nandini had her energy levels up to the roof. She sat before her with excited eyes.