14| ALL HAIL THE HEIR.

"Maharaj, she is losing a lot of blood. If that continues we might not be able to save either of them." The royal doctors informed Vihaan as he grew more furious and also scared. He sat with his head in his hands.

"You are the best doctors we have, how could you say that," Vihaan grumbled. Rajmata sat beside him and laid a gentle hand on his back.

"Don't lose hope, Vihaan. They are trying their best. Even Aradhya and Nandini are with them, helping."

Rihit too stood intensely beside his guru. Sadhana's screams echoed through the halls. With every scream, Vihaan grew more and more disgustingly worried. His nerve hadn't ever been tested that much before. His hands trembled.

Alternately inside the room, Aradhya and Nandini helped the doctors with whatever they wanted. Nandini stood by Sadhana calming her down. Sadhana winced and twisted as the pain kicked in harder with each push.

"We need more people. With the right medical experience. Our strength is hindering." One of the doctors said. Almost immediately Aradhya and Nandini met eyes.

"Can you hold this for a while? We have somewhere to be." Aradhya spoke ad the doctors merely nodded. They seemed confident as they focused on the matter and yet spoke.

"Normal labour must last only four to eight hours. Maharani had already been in labour for seven hours. But I believe we can hold the process down for another few hours. We need as much help we can get." One elderly lady doctor commented as she dipped a cloth in water.

Aradhya and Nandini barged out of the room. They stood gasping. They gathered all their thoughts and planned everything in their heads.

Vihaan stood terrified as he saw Aradhya's hands stained with blood. He looked defeated. Without a single look at anyone or even uttering a single word both of them took off.

"Where are you going?" Vihaan bellowed but still didn't receive a single word back.

He leaned over the balcony to know where they were going and in a fraction, all he saw were two horses stomping off with a speed he never could've imagined. He never knew Aradhya was that proficient in horse riding.

.    .    .    .

"Aradhya I won't ve able to do this. I've never ridden a horse so strongly before. I'm still learning now. I couldn't do it before how can u do it now" Nandini shouted. Having a hard time with her steed.

"You can do it now because it matters now. We need to get to the outcasts as soon as possible. We don't have much time. Pull the reins against your right arm and keep one hand wrapped in the right rein. Sit straight on the saddle." Aradhya advised as she pushed forward furthermore leaving Nandini behind. And a moment later Nandini rode alongside Aradhya with the same speed and power.

.   .   .   .

As they reached what seemed like a camp of the outcasts, they saw mud houses and many small scale settlements. A group of them huddled over around the fire pit. One person, who seemed almost the age of Vihaan. Maybe twenty-one years old. He was the first to notice them. It almost seemed like he smiled at them. Aradhya and Nandini took a couple of steps in and the group of ladies who sat by started to walk off.

"Please wait, we need your help." She begged. This time it was a group of women. The one from before leading them as usual. They all stopped to a halt.

"Maharani Sadhana is in labour. She is losing a lot is blood. The royal doctors are saying that the condition is complicated. Please, we need your help--"

"Maharaj threw us out of his kingdom then why should we help his family." One of the ladies asked. A scoff left Aradhya's lips.

"Revenge? Is that all there is to think about now? A woman is struggling back at the palace and you are here going over your doubts of why? You said the king cast you out then why are you still lurking around in the heart of the kingdom. You indirectly are still under his wings. And this isn't the time to debate, you all are women, understand what Maharani is going through. Please." Aradhya said not wasting her time even on her breath. She joined her hands before the women and dropped her head in a bow.