1.

A/N
the story includes the topic of drug use, loosing one friend at a overdoses and being homelessness, but i dont go in details.

not my best story but here we go.
have fun and lace up xx

PS: check out my other stories + my little short story book :)

-      -      -      -      -       -       -       -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -      -     -      -      -

Cleveland was hell when you're homeless. i hadn't eat for days and my stomach was growling. i walked down the streets looking for something, but at the same time i didn't knew what i was looking for.
my parents kicked me out at 16. i've been living on the streets for 3 years now and every day is a new struggle. i hardly had any friends. at first i lived from couch to couch, but when i didn't find a job and everyone else finished school, they left me behind. i was on my own. but i had hope that it would get better someday.

i was walking down the street when someone ran around the corner and knocked me down. everything happened so fast. i just heard him mumble "oh shit sorry, sorry". he jumped up grabbed my arm, pulled me up super fast and kept running away.
i was confused but luckily nothing bad happened. when i looked down i saw a lighter lying there. he must have lost it, i thought. i picked it up and put it in my pocket. having a lighter never hurts.

i kept walking and sat down in the park to enjoy the sun. today was wednesday, every wednesday ethan works at the burgerstore in the mall. ethan was one of my only and closest friends i still have. he occasionally let me shower at his place and it gave me a fry out when he was working. that was the highlight of my week.
it was about time that i could go to the mall. i hate going to the mall because i always  get look at very strangely, which is understandable but the looks were okay as long as i got some food.

"hey chels, my boss is here today. but i'll bring you the fries in a minute" ethan winked at me. that was my sign to go a few steps away. ethan was always reliable. he did his best to support me. as i walked to the side i saw three boys sitting at a table and they were laughing like crazy. one of them looked familiar. it was the boy who had run me down this morning.
i felt the lighter in my pocket. i was living on the street but i still had manners. it was right to give it back to him. the lighter looked good, maybe it meant a lot to him.
     focus chels. you can do this. you run there fast, give the lighter back and then you get your
     food and you're gone.
i thought to myself.
i mustered up my courage and ran to the table.
"hey sorry, but i think you knocked me down this morning and this is yours, i guess" i said and took the lighter out of my pocket.
he looked up at me and a smile formed his face. wow he was beautiful, his eyes were as blue as the ocean and his smile.
"hey, omg i thought i lost it".
"well you did, but luckily i found it" i joked and handed him the lighter. at the same moment i saw ethan with my fries. he waved me over to him.
"alright, you got it back. enjoy your meal" i said and left the table. i ran to ethan, he gave me my fries and told me i could go to his place today to check my mails. i agreed and disappeared from the mall.

a few meters away i sat down and enjoyed the food.
"ah there's the girl" i heard a voice and saw the three guys running towards me. i tried to give them as little attention as possible.
"yoo go on to the car, i'll be right there" i looked up and saw the tall slim blond boy in front of me.
"thanks for giving me back the lighter" he smiled at me.
"gladly" i smiled back.
"sorry about this morning. i haven't apologized yet".  i nodded.
"i've never seen you here before, are you from around here?" he asked.
"born and raised" i replied "well but i'm not exactly flashy either" i mumbled and put another french fry in my mouth.
"so a beauty like you would certainly have caught my eye" he smiled at me. i started to laugh "yeah sure. i don't know who you're looking at but you're not talking about me".
he sat down next to me.
"aren't your friends waiting for you?" i asked him. i know i was bitchy but alone on the street you had to be careful.
he laughed "you're cool haha. i'm kells by the way" he handed me his hand. i looked confused at his hand but then shook it "chels, hi".
kells was called by his friends at that moment. we looked over and they were holding bottles with alcohol in in the air.
"you should go now" i said.
"are you coming with me to make up for this morning?" he asked.
"thanks but no. have fun guys".
"all right" he wrote his number on a piece of paper "if you change your mind call me". he got up and left. i wanted so much to be normal again, but it wasn't that easy. i had to be careful who i trusted. and going with a stranger is not smart.

i waited at the parking lot until ethan got off work. we walked together to his apartment. i tried everything to get my life back together and for that i was also allowed to use his laptop to apply for jobs.
"omg... OMG OMG" i looked up and jumped through the area.
"what's up?" ethan looked at me.
"I'VE BEEN INVITED. THE INTERVIEW".
ethan jumped up "OMG CHELS YAAAH" he hugged me.
"it's next week" i said excited.
"shit but you can't come to my place. do you have someone else to get ready?".
ethan lived at friends couch. i could always go to his place when no one was there.
"um. i'll figure it out somehow" i said with a slight smile. we chatted a bit more, but then i had to leave while it was still light. i had respect for the streets in the dark. i had a vacant house where i spent the last few nights and i walked there again.