4.

kells woke me up and said it was 10 a.m. i was shocked, how could i have slept so long? normally i had been waking up between 6 and 7 o'clock for years.
he told me breakfast was ready. i went with him into the kitchen and slim, kells and i ate. dub was already at work. they made backed beans with toast, bacon and egg for me. it was super yummy.
after dinner i went into the bathroom and put on some makeup and the good clothes. i have never put on makeup before, lastly once when i was a kid. it looked incredibly good. i walked back into the kitchen and kells and slim both looked at me and their mouths dropped open. they complimented me how good i looked and i blushed.
"yo chels, i can have the car today so i'll drive you to the appointment" kells smiled at me. i wasn't used to this much support but i agreed.
slim wished me good luck and kells and i got into the car. i was incredibly nervous. kells smiled at me and squeezed my hand soft "everything will be fine. you can do it".
we got to the office and i got out of the car. kells ran around the car to me, hugged me and i went in.
it went super well, everyone was nice. i was honest about being homeless. the boss had a daughter at my age. she told me as long as i was always on time i could have the job. on site i would get clothes and there would be a shower in the storage room that i could use to be fresh. i couldn't believe my luck. this was the first step back into life. i was already picturing my life. i would work and save money. with luck i would be able to afford an apartment in half a year.
they said i could start next week.
i left the office. i started to cry with happiness. i literally broke down on the street. i couldn't believe it. i had a job. i sat on the street crying and shuffling. kells ran to me, he must have been waiting for me outside the whole time. he took me in his arms
"hey chels all good" he assumed i didn't get the job. i looked up and looked at him "i-i got the job" i slurped.
he looked at me shocked and jumped up and punched and kicked the air "yes you are the queen" he yelled.
it was so sweet how happy he was for me. he picked me up and threw me through the air. "you so deserve it. this calls for a celebration".
i laughed at him "thanks for everything but the celebrating will have to wait and i would love to just sleep right now".
"no you come back to our place and we'll cook something. well i can't cook.... maybe it's just snacks but that's cool too" he laughed. i had no chance to say anything against it.

we drove back and sat down in the living room. we watched a movie and i fell asleep. i woke up with my head on kells lap and he was pet my head.
i sat up and was a little confused. i couldn't believe what had happened today. i looked at kells and he grinned "you look like you've been run over by a bus".
"yeah i almost feel like that too. i can't believe it's, true i got the job".
he congratulated me again and told me that slim and dub were out shopping. we would have a barbecue tonight.
"but i have to leave by 8 at the latest" i spoke up.
kells laughed and said that i could spend an other night with them. everything was already arranged.
i was  happy and this was supposed to be the best day of my life. when i think back later i want to have something to tell. so i agreed and asked if i could stay the night and change into his clothes again. he nodded and said we could wash all my clothes while i was here. i agreed and went to change. i put on his jogging pants and t-shirt again.  we put on the laundry and i gave him back his white shirt. he smiled and said how good i look in his clothes. i felt butterflies in my stomach. we sat down on the couch and continued watching tv.

when slim and dub came back, i helped them put the groceries and other stuff away. they congratulated me and hugged me. we prepared everything for the barbecue. dub put four beer bottles on the table and opened them all. then he handed me one. i refused "i'm not 21 yet". the boys laughed "you don't have to be 21 here" said dub.
"thanks but i don't drink. my street rule" i said.
"but you're not on the street today"  slim said. i started to feel uncomfortable and apparently they could tell.
"all good you don't have to drink if you don't want to and if you want to later, beer is in the fridge" he smiled at me.
we went to the front yard and started the grill. later people who knew the guys came over. it was a good atmosphere but i wasn't used to all this. i went into the kitchen to drink a glass of water.  
      will i ever get used to a normal life? will i ever live a normal life?
i felt a sense of failure spreading through me.
kells came into the kitchen and took another beer from the fridge. he smiled at me and asked if i was having fun. i smiled and said that it was all too much for me right now and that i would like to go to bed. he smiled, said i knew where his bed was and that he would sleep on the couch again. i thanked him and he hugged me to say good night. i don't know if it was me or if our hug became more familiar and closer. i released our hug and he looked down at me and placed a soft kiss on my lips. wow i wasnt expect that, it felt good but it scared me. i pulled back quickly and tried to act as normal as possible. we said good night and i went to bed.