Chapter 4 "I think I've seen this film before"

Yohan did as he told me over the phone. He came with a barbeque grill, claiming he’ll be making our dinner. Seeing him after what felt like a long time was a relief.

    I’d be lying if I say I didn’t hope for his early arrival. For the past days, my thoughts  wander to him, and the desire to see him had left me both confused and scared. I found myself waiting eagerly for him, in search for his presence. That’s when it occurred to me that I made an unnecessary attachment.

    It’s inevitable in the first place. Yohan is a reliable and sensible person. One would easily create attachment to him, or should I say fall for his acts of service out and the goodness of his heart. I’d like to think that Yohan is perfect but he has own sets of faults. I thought it’d be good enough a reason to stop this occurring feelings residing within me, but it made me more drawn to him and everything about him.

    Yohan gets annoyed easily but will never act on it. He once cheated on a test in college. And there was also a time he chickened out on a blind date, leaving the girl waiting for him for an hour. Yohan’s clumsy and there are yet some things he’s still learning like how to use a barbecue grill.

    He has his faults and he admits it.

    “Pet peeves?” I ask him.

    “My pet peeve is having a dirty and unorganized area,” he told me, while glaring down at the mess inside my tent. “Why don’t you fold your sheets and arrange your used clothes in one pile?”

    “It isn’t nice to look into a woman’s possessions,” I said, pursing my lips to hide my smirk. Teasing him became a habit lately. It’s fun to watch his brows meet, lips pursing and jaw clenching in annoyance.

    “They don’t seem like a woman’s possessions.”

    “It’s too much of a hassle. I’m the only one sleeping in it anyway,” I reasoned out. I stretch my arms behind my head as I look above the sky and the setting sun.

    “Will you think of cleaning it if I sleep in it with you?”

    My eyes widened at his suggestion.

    While he’s staying over, he usually sleeps in his car while I’m in my tent. He never made any attempt to approach me without either of my summon or consent.

    At first I thought I’d be appalled and feel intruded with his notion, but I didn’t feel anything of some sort. The thought of sleeping beside him left my heart pounding in anticipation.

    “I don’t mind,” I blurted out without thinking. In response, Yohan’s eyebrows met and his eyes sharpened as he look at me.

    “You shouldn’t be agreeing,” he told me. “What if I’m a bad guy waiting for an opportunity to strike and take advantage of you?”

    “I thought you were serious,” I pouted. That seem to make his brows furrow more.

    “Ember.”

    “Yes?”

    “You’re getting on my nerves,” he told me. I couldn’t help but chuckle when I thought of a dirty joke to tease him with.

    “Which ones?”

    Since he’s in the medical field, I know that he knows what I’m implying.

    “Leave little Yohan out of this.” Yohan glared at me from under his hooded eyes, but it only made me laugh harder.

    I like teasing him because I wanted to get a reaction from him.  Yohan doesn’t disappoint, his reactions are priceless and so do his replies. He has this sense of innocence despite of his cold, snobbish demeanor.