Wild Love XI

Warning: Heavy chapter ahead!

Amada

Earlier that day
Fortalejo's Main Building

"Where are you?"

I look up to stop my tears from falling, I shouldn't cry here, not where our employees can see me being vulnerable. No one should see a Fortalejo being weak, especially those people who's waiting for us to fall. I cleared my throat and answers Mads,

"I'm at my father's company, but I'm heading to basement."

But I still quivered saying my reply. I closed my eyes as the feeling of pain I'm trying so hard to bury and forget for the past years surges back. Damn it, Amada! This is what you get for liking someone again.

"Don't. You can't drive, Amada. Stay in your car for awhile, I'll tell your secretary not to accept any appointments today. I'll be there, quick." I weakly nod even though she can't see me.

She knows I don't want anyone to see me in this state which is why she's not pushing me to go back or to go to places that are crowded. I look at the monitor saying that I'm only few floors away from the basement. I just hope no one will ride in this elevator, please.

"And please, wait for me this time." I can hear the worry and fear in her voice which almost made me sob right then and there.

"I promise."

Madison

As soon as she hanged up the call, I immediately shouts as loud as I can for my secretary to get inside my office, the high tech monitor was long forgotten.

"Cancel all of my appointments for today, call Amada's secretary to do the same, no buts and please hand me a glass of water and tell my driver to ready my car, make sure he'll leave the car key inside, I'll drive myself." I stated in panic, she seemed sense the urgency in my voice which I'm really thankful for, and moved as fast as she can.

I quickly drinks the water she handed me as I can feel my panic attack surges, no, no, no, not now, I will never let what happened years ago to repeat today, never ever.

I put down the glass on the table but I guess I missed it as I heard a sound of a shattered glass but I payed no heed and went out of my office with only a phone in hand.

I DON'T KNOW how many laws I broke in the road as for sure I broke a few if not one but I will deal with it later, I will never be able to deal anything if I'll lose my best friend today. Once I reached the basement, I didn't bother to park my car properly, and hastily took off my heels, and looked for Amada's car as fast as I could, barefoot.

When I found it, my heart almost stop at the view I'm witnessing, its the same as what I saw years ago, and a fear surges, every part of my body trembles uncontrollably. Amada's head laying on the steering wheel, no sense of movement, as if there's no sign of life.

No.. No.. No-I'm not late, not again!

I quickly run towards her, opens the car door, prayed for a second it was not locked and a sigh almost came out when I heard a sound, the door opened!

I kneeled, not minding the painful impact of my haste action, and reached for her.

"Amada!"

A tear escaped from my eye when she moved and looked at me, eyes red, wet cheeks, and pale lips. I hurriedly hug her as I let out a sigh of relief.