Rivendell

The company made their way through the caves to see one of the most beautiful places in Middle-earth.

The Company was taken back by the beauty of this place.

Gandalf:
The Valley of Imladris. In the common tongue, it's known by another name.

Bilbo:
Rivendell.

He said with amazement.

Gandalf:
Here lies the last homely house, east of the sea.

Thorin then turned to Gandalf, not looking happy.

Thorin:
This was your plan all along, to seek refuge with our enemy.

He said with a hint of anger.

Gandalf:
You have no enemies here, Thorin Oakenshield. The only ill-will to be found in this valley is that which you bring yourself.

Thorin:
You think the Elves will give our quest their blessing? They will try to stop us.

Gandalf:
Of course, they will. But we have questions that need to be answered. If we are to be successful this will need to be handled with tact, and respect, and no small degree of charm, which is why you will leave the talking to me, or Derrim, if he ever gets here.

Thorin relented, for he knew he was right. Buy it doesn't mean he has to like it. They then start making their way towards Rivendell, as they enter Rivendell they are met by some elves. One Elf made his way down the stairs to greet them.

Lindir:
Mithrandir.

Gandalf:
Ah, Lindir.

Thorin:
(whispers to Dwalin) Stay sharp.

Lindir starts speaking in Elvish to Gandalf.

Lindir:
"Lastannem i athrannedh i Vruinen." [We heard you had crossed into the Valley.]

Gandalf:
I must speak with Lord Elrond.

Lindir:
My Lord Elrond is not here.

Gandalf:
Not here? Where is he?

They hear the hunting horn and turn to see the returning Elf war party.

Thorin:
"Ifridî bekâr!"
[Ready weapons!] Hold ranks!

The elf war party surround the dwarves, we see Elrond is with the war party.

Elrond:
Gandalf!

Gandalf:
Lord Elrond.

Gandalf greets Elrond in Elvish.

Gandalf: (Elvish)
"Mellonnen! Mo evínedh?"
[My friend! Where have you been?]

Elrond:(Elvish)
"Farannem 'lamhoth i udul o charad Dagannem rim na Iant Vedui".
[We've been hunting a pack of Orcs that came up from the South. We slew a number near the Hidden Pass].

Elrond gets off his horse and embraces Gandalf.

Elrond:
Strange for orcs to come so close to our borders. Something or someone has drawn them near.

Gandalf:
Ah, that may have been us.

Thorin shows himself to Elrond, who gives him something of a genuine smile.