1. Cameron

I've been seeing a man named Cameron for the past 2 weeks. Of course he hid the fact that he's been married for the past 6 years and his wife recently gave birth to their first child, Aiden. He never suspected that I noticed the missing imprint of a wedding band on his left ring finger all the times he came over to my apartment, the same ring that was now shoved deep in his throat.

When he introduced himself to me at the bank he worked at, I didn't think much of it outside of good customer service along with the huge grin on his face when he handed me my receipt.

I frowned at the numbers that were scribbled in fresh red ink on my receipt, confused as to why this was newly added. I always deposit my money, checks and all other items for my safety deposit box in person. This was most certainly new.

Taking a moment to stare at Cameron, his shiny blonde hair that was combed back to reveal the round blue eyes of his that always found it's way down to my chest during the whole transaction, I realized that the addition was his doing and not the banks.

Pig.

Later on that same day, I called him out of boredom. You can be in love with someone, patiently wait until the both of you are ready and have fun with others in the meantime. I am in love with Joseph, but slept with Cameron in the comfort of his blacked out, sleek car that left possible bystanders wondering why the car was moving in such a way in an empty parking lot at night. The same movement that caused his wallet to slide off the drivers seat, unfolded and showed the picture of a dark haired woman in the clear fold of the thick leather thing.

Marriage is seen as a serious thing to me. A status I had suspected him to be in and followed him home one night to confirm just how married he, in fact, was.

My parents were immigrants from Ukraine. I was 2 when they adopted me, not caring about the ignorant white American's that gave them judgmental stares on the small Asian kid they gladly called their daughter. My father, Ivan, became rich by owning a very expensive formal wear and shoe company. It was known back in their home country and only excelled once they made it here in New York and partnered with popular brands that featured his clothing that could be worn at weddings, proms and other special events alike. Him and my mom had the typical secretary meets boss and fall in love story, but the ending was anything but.

Nadiya, my mother, stabbed my father 56 times in the throat that resulted with her being sentenced to life in prison. She nearly decapitated him with how forceful each blow was inflicted, shocking investigators with the gruesome scene of our mansion's kitchen upon arrival. I knew that each stab wound represented every woman my father had flocked around in our home, in front of my mother who wouldn't dare divorce him because everything was in his name. The once faithful man she fell in love with was a cocky, cheating, liar of a husband that crossed a line when he presented divorce papers to her on Christmas Eve.

My mother sent me up to my room just before. I haven't even gotten up the second floor staircase when I heard the sound of glass shattering, male screams and shouting of a mad woman that caused the nosy neighbors to call 911.

After realizing that Cameron was a married man, a newly father, I continued the facade of oblivious girlfriend. He was more than happy that I continued wanting to meet him in discreet places, not caring to make things official after the first week of sleeping around and was even more relieved to know I was taking birth control to prevent children from "ruining" our randevou.

The same mad woman that stabbed my father reflected in me when I had lured Cameron into my apartment last night. I was already annoyed by a customer who ruined our merch then claimed that it arrived in the mail that way when nothing of the sort ever happened while my dad reigned this company and will most certainly remain that way now that its mine.