2. Not A Him, But A Her

It's been a week since Cameron died, there were no leads that could give me a spot in the woman's prison or the electric chair. The guilt I always expected never flooded my chest whenever I had taken the lives of those men, if anything I felt exhilarated by it. I wanted to punish more men that had the audacity to hurt the woman they claim to love and just teach them a lesson. Put fear in other men not to cheat within them.

"You did what you had to do."

"Thank you," My phone calls with my grandmother, Olga, were spaced out and vague as ever. My mother was deported after her trial in court. Nadiya violated her citizenship by killing my father which resulted in her being back in Ukraine. It was hard being this far from her, but her being gone meant that the lie about my parents dying in a house fire could be easily seen as the truth. I knew not to tell my grandmother anything or the details of what I would do to the men or their bodies for her own sanity. She was completely aware of how my father treated her daughter 5 years ago and believed that he got what he deserved and was happy that I wasn't allowing other men to do the same or anything similar.

"How are you, baby?"

"Good," I smiled. I had been preoccupied with sales and the third party company that has been helping me ship merch to other countries outside of the U. S. Honestly, it's been a nuisance trying to since the weather here isn't the best for traveling on ground level or in the air so customers have been complaining for the 2-3 day delays as it didn't align with the special events it was ordered for. A woman demanded she speak with the "head of house", abruptly ending my call with my grandmother.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but, unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the plane being delayed. That company has a say in whether their carrier will be able to make it--"

"Give me my money back!" The older woman screeched in a heavy, unfamiliar accent.

Sighing, I smiled at Ezra, one of my customer service guys. "Since the item was already loaded onto the plane, it is in transit. When it arrives, you can either keep the item or send it back to us in good condition then we'll reimburse you."

After that small disturbance, I gave the phone back to Ezra and proceeded checking on things before leaving.

"Don't you look fancy?" Michelle eyed the red dress and black stockings I paired with black heels. I kind of wore either an outfit similar to this or sweatpants to work with a messy bun so for her to say this as if it was out of the norm confused me.

"Well, I have an appointment," I smiled. I had planned to meet with a private zoo keeper in Brooklyn.

"That's an interesting way to say 'date'," she laughed. "Young folks nowadays," the wrinkles around her eyes were showing as she grinned at me.

I raised a brow, "Michelle, I don't date. I invest in business or people worth investing for." The check I had in my hand was signed over to a very special person I will continue to secretly invest in. Michelle paid no mind to what I was doing and just gave me a knowing smile before making her way over to the older man and younger woman at the register.

The private zoo keeper I am meeting with has agreed to let me take a good look at one of his special critters.

"Her name is Ella," Damien smiled at the scorpion he held in his hand. You'd think it was a kitten and not a 6 legged bug with the way he was cradling her.