Chapter 2

Note: Slight use of swear words.

...

The aroma of something good being cooked awoke Gaurav, as he stepped outside his room and saw Raavi placing a vessel on the dining table.

"Morning!" She chirped, going back in the kitchen to grab a jug of water.

"Good morning." He said, looking at the table. "Aapko college nahi jaana?"

"Jaana hai. Par mai ye shakal leke nahi jaa sakti so..." She shrugged, pointing at her cheek, which was very slightly bruised now. "Shiva kahan hai? Khaane ki khushboo se uth jaana chahiye tha usse."

"Woh groceries laane gaya hai." Gaurav said, sitting down at the table.

"Wahi toh mai sochu, tum sabka fridge itna suna suna sa kyu hai." Raavi shook her head. "Accha maine breakfast mein anda burji banaya hai, bread toast karke rakh diya hai, le lena kitchen se aur-"

"Mai vegan hoon." He stated, pressing his lips in a fine line.

"Oh. Okay. Toh tum khaaoge kya?"

"Fruit juice pi lunga canteen se."

Raavi nodded. "Chee. Breakfast should be a happy meal." She muttered under her breath, as Shashank brought a plate from the kitchen and served himself.

"Namak zyaada hai." He complained but still ate, and Raavi made a face.

"Then don't eat!" She took the vessel and kept it in the kitchen.

"Bhook lagi hai toh khaana padega."

"Why do you hate me?" Raavi crossed her arms.

He ignored her question and finished his breakfast, grabbing his began as they both began to leave.

"Mai aur Shashank extra classes ke liye jaa rahe hai. Aap reh logi akele?" Gaurav asked, unsure.

"Haa. Shiva aa jayega na thodi der mein." She shrugged.

"Okay." Gaurav nodded, and 2 minutes of uncomfortable silence later, he grabbed his bag and left.

"Ab toh ye ghar pura khaali hai. Kya karu?" Raavi looked around, pursing her lips, and decided to explore the house.

It was a spacious 3 bedroom flat facing a lake, that the boys had taken on rent, with one kitchen and 2 bathrooms at least.

One bathroom was outside, which means one of the guys scored a lucky room with an attached bathroom.

Raavi walked around, and found a chest of 3 drawers, filled with all the toiletries like towels, soaps, spare tooth brushes, etc, and one drawer with all their stashed secrets.

Like cigarettes.

She smiled and nodded her head, closing the drawer. That's their business, she was just looking around.

The interiors were pretty simple as well. It definitely looked like a house that a lady had put up for rent, or a man with very exquisite taste.

"Nice place. Cute hai." She said to herself, looking around at what else to do.

Cleaning the living room would be a good way to pass time.

She restacked the magazines under the coffee table, picked up the old coffee mugs and kept them in the sink, dusted and changed the pillow covers of the sofas and rearranged the souvenirs on the shelf.

Which took barely 15 minutes.

Raavi looked down at her clothes and realised she's been in the same clothes for the last 24 hours.