Chapter 11

Raavi got down from Shiva's bike, and waved at him, as she walked into her campus, glancing towards him over her shoulder.

"Kya chal raha hai?" Richa wiggled her eyebrows.

"Kya 'kya chal raha hai'?" Raavi shrugged, holding the straps of her bag.

"Woh, engineering campus ka launda, that hottie, kya scene hai?"

Raavi choked on her own saliva at her friend's description of Shiva. "What?!"

"Itne dino se uske saath bike pe aa rahi hai. You don't know? Pagal ladki, dhundhne pe bhi na mile aisa bandha. He's hot, he's smart as hell, he respects all the ladies, AND he's good at sports." Richa fanned herself as she saw him walk across the far end of the campus to reach his building.

Raavi stifled a laugh, wondering how long her friend would ramble until she allowed Raavi to speak.

"Naam bhi pata hai uska?" Raavi asked, hiding her smile.

"Of course. Shiva. Kabse I've been trying to ask him out, par bandha milta hi nahi hai." Richa pursed her lips.

"Pura naam pata hai?"

"Nahi."

"Shiva Pandya." Raavi said, and waited to see the expressions on her face.

"Ab woh Pandey ho ya Pandya mujhe kya-" Richa rambled on, until it struck her.

She turned to look at Raavi, her eyes widening in surprise, as Raavi finally laughed at her incredulous expression.

"Ye... Ye engineering campus ka hottie tera bhoothnath hai?! Tu uski roommate hai?!" She asked, her mouth agape.

"Haanji bilkul. Bataya toh tha tujhe, bhullakad." Raavi knocked her friend's head.

"Isliye bike pe aayi uske saath. He's nice. Waise, tu uski dost hai toh meri setting kara de na, please. Pleaseeeeee!" Richa poked Raavi's arm.

"Woh mai kar deti, but ek problem hai yaar." Raavi pursed her lips in a pout.

"Kya?! Mai tera saara homework karungi ek hafte ke liye, tera favourite halwa bhi banaaungi-"

"Usse mai date kar rahi hoon."

Richa stared at her friend for 15 seconds straight, not believing what she said for a long time. "Oh shit."

"Yep."

"Matlab, boyfriend? Woh tera boyfriend hai? KABSE?!" She screeched, and Raavi covered her ears.

"Abhi kuch 2 hafte. I mean, we are dating. Pata nahi if I should introduce him as my boyfriend? I haven't asked him. What are the dating rules again?" Raavi asked her friend, who just laughed.

"Meri bholi bacchi," Richa looped her arm through Raavi's, as they walked to their first class. "Agar tum date kar rahe ho, toh woh tera boyfriend hi toh hai, right?"

"I think so." Raavi shrugged, and sat down to take notes for her first class, deciding she'll ask Shiva that later.

.....

Raavi kicked a random pebble around, waiting on the other campus near the lockers. Shiva has asked her to meet him here at the end of the day, so that he didn't have to bring his bike all the way around.

Isme se Shiva ka locker kaunsa hoga?

Raavi turned towards the lockers, looking at each one, each looked a little different than the other due to personalisation.

Maybe 2nd row, 4th column? No, no that's so close to the door. Ooh, second last column? Nahi, waha toh dustbin hai. I think 3rd row, 6th column. Haa. Ye perfect-