Epilogue - Part 3A

Disclaimer: 18+ content, mentions of miscarriage.

.....

3 years later.

The city of Somnath was adorned with lights and colours, the open sky decorating the land below with its stars, for it was that time of the year, to celebrate the festival of Navratri.

This year, the Garba Night was arranged and sponsored by the Patels, owing to the enormous amount of money they had received. Men, women and kids of all ages admired the colourful streets of Somnath, who were dressed in the traditional lehengas and dhotis for the Durga Puja on the occasion of Navratri, the happiness radiating across town.

Raavi fixed the anklets Shiva had once bought for her, grabbing the dandiya sticks and rushing towards the open ground, just in time for the DJ night.

"Itna time lagata hai koi?" Shiva grumbled, and she placed a chaste kiss on his lips, oblivious to the crowd of old people that were gaping at her.

"Sorry. Mujhe laga aaj hi ke din wicket down ho gaya." Raavi pulled him towards the centre, referring to her monthly dates.

"But nahi hua! So I can enjoy!" She exclaimed, clicking the dandiya together, linking her arms with Shiva's, as the grabbed the centre stage for Garba Night.

"Mujhe Garba nahi aata, chipkali." Shiva held his pair of dandiya sticks, walking in circles to the music.

"Liar." Raavi chuckled, as Shiva smiled, the music picking up pace as they twirled and moved to the beats of the occasion, holding each other close and dancing to their heart's content.

It had been 6 years since they had been wedded, 4 years since Janhavi had entered their lives, 3 years since their tiny 0.5 puppy had entered their lives, who had also managed to enter the ground after Suman had forgotten to put him on his leash.

"Goldu!" Raavi called out, sitting down on the floor to catch hold of him, very obviously scaring away the crowd. He was nothing but lovable, always jumping in for kisses and cuddles, and was Janhavi's permanent rock and saviour, almost nipping at Shiva and Raavi for scolding Janhavi, who had broken the neighbour's window in a fit of annoyance for accidentally kicking Goldie.

The golden dog dashed its way towards Raavi, halting suddenly in front of her.

"What's wrong, baba?" Raavi scratched his head, as Goldie, after quite the deal with Janhavi to be called Goldu, sniffed Raavi and rested his head on her lap.

"Shiva, is he not feeling well?" Raavi looked up at Shiva, who sat down to pet Goldie, "Kuch dinon se aise hi behave kar raha hai."

"Doctor ke paas le jaaye isse?" Shiva scratched his back, as Goldie nudged Raavi's arms and belly.

"Le jaate hai. Aisa toh bilkul theek rehta hai. Are you not feeling okay, baby?" Raavi asked Goldie, who just nudged her belly.

"Kya isko baby, baby bolti rehti hai, Raavi? Kabhi khud ka baby bhi kar liya karo." Nirula Kaki quipped from behind, and Raavi rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Aa gayi ye phir mera dimaag khaane.

"Nirula Kaki!" Raavi exclaimed in a fake high-pitched voice, gritting her teeth as she forced a smile. "Kaisi hai aap?"

"Bas tumhare bacche ko dekhne ke liye taras rahi hu." The older woman said, which made even Shiva scoff. By some very far-off relation, she was related to Raavi and wouldn't get off their backs as the 'only child of her beloved brother.'