Chapter 15

Raavi paced the room nervously as she made Gaurav and Shashank sit on the sofa, who waited for her to say something but she was just walking around the room.

"Oye Raavi," Gaurav called out to her, "Kya baat hai? Kyu bulaya hume?"

"Woh..." She mumbled something under her breath, before grabbing a bean bag and sitting down.

"I wanted to ask something." Raavi picked the skin on her fingers subconsciously, as they both nodded.

"Haa toh puch na, aise kyu darr rahi hai. Khaa nahi jaayenge tujhe." Shashank joked, but from her expressions, she wasn't in the mood for one.

"Can you... Maine Shiva se bhi pucha tha last week..." Raavi trailed off, before shaking her head.

Get to the point Raavi.

"Can you both stand as witnesses for my case?"

Shashank and Gaurav looked at each other, confused at what she was saying. What case?

Raavi looked at their faces, and explained everything, sparing out the details of the violent fight which they both had fretted about anyway, looking at a badly bruised Shiva.

They both stood up, wiping their hands on their jeans and Raavi stood up with them, afrain they were going to refuse, since no one wanted to fall into the trap of legalities.

"Okay, choti."

"Dekho, please don't say no. I'm depending on you all. I promise-" Raavi began, but stopped mid-way. "Did... Did you say okay?"

"Yes." Gaurav put his hands in his pockets and gave her an assuring smile. "Tu itna kyu nervous ho rahi thi, hum mana kyu karenge. Of course we'll help you out, na!"

Raavi let out a relieved chuckle, and pulled them both into a group hug. "Thank you."

"Of course." Shashank patted her back and ruffled her head. "Tu-"

"Aye cheaters!"

The three of them broke their hug to see Shiva at the door, staring at them.

"Mere bina group hug? Gaddar log mere ghar ke andar!"

They all chuckled as Shiva rushed and squeezed himself into the group hug, which eventually tackled them to the sofa into heap of laughing messes.

They helped each other up into a proper group hug, as Shiva placed a kiss to the side of her head.

It really was the smallest things in life that mattered.

.....

Shiva sat down on the bed, stretching out his legs and arms after a long day at college, when his phone rang.

Dhara Bhabhi.

"Hi bhabhi, kaise ho?" Shiva picked up the video call, and smiled at his whole family in the background. He really did miss them at times.

"Tu kaisa hai? Sab theek hai, teri padhai acchi chal rahi hai na?"

"Haa bhabhi. Sab accha chal raha hai. Abhi just term exams khatam hue hai."

"Chuttiyon mein ghar aayega?" Gautam asked, passing the phone to his mom who was constantly bugging to see her son.

"Aye Shiva, koi ladki-wadki ke chakkar mein nahi pada na waha jaake?"

Shiva chuckled at his mom's concern, and was about to answer when Raavi walked in.

"Sun, khaana khaane aaja. Table laga diya hai maine." Raavi wiped her hands on her shorts and t shirt, tying her hair up in a bun.