Chapter I - New Bodyguard

There was an intruder in SinB's house, apparently rummaging through their snack cabinet. The person's body looked like it belonged to a girl

"YAH! WHO ARE YOU?! AND HOW DID YOU GET INTO MY HOUSE?!"

The female figure turned around in shock, flinching as soon as she saw SinB with a bewildered expression on her face. Her eyes widened, immediately dropping the cookie in her hand.

She answered, screaming, "WHO AM I?! YOU MEAN, WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU IN THE HWANG FAMILY'S MANSION?!"

"PABO-YAH, I'M THEIR DAUGHTER!" SinB yelled back, clenching her fists.

"Ah!~" The unknown woman exclaimed in realization. "You're Ms. Hwang Eunbi?"

SinB nodded, "Now answer my question!"

The latter bowed, "Hello, I am Jung Yerin. Your new bodyguard and long-time member of the Hwang Protection Team."

"BODYGUARD?!" SinB was mentally unavailable, stuck in a state of perplexity.

"Your parents didn't tell you..?" The woman, seemingly named 'Yerin', questioned her. "Shit, right! They wanted to talk to you about it."

SinB ran to her backpack and took out her laptop. She turned it on, typed in her password, and quickly called her parents over Skype. They answered and it looked like they were in a hotel room.

"Eunbi? Why'd you call?" Her mother asked confusedly. "Honey, I'm on a video call with Eunbi!"

He immediately ran to his wife and faced the camera, "Eunbi-yah!~"

"You two didn't tell me you were gonna get me ANOTHER bodyguard?! You know I hate being watched all the time!" She complained, stomping her right foot on the ground

"Princess, it's for your own safety. Who knows what our competitors could do to you! We still have unfinished business here, we can't go back there yet." Her father reasoned out, trying to calm her down.

Mrs. Hwang suddenly interfered, "Speaking of, is the bodyguard there yet?"

"That's why I called! I thought there was an intruder in the house who was stealing cookies from our cabinet! Not to mention, MY FAVORITE COOKIES." SinB raised her voice, hating absolutely everything right now.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Hwang. I am Jung Yerin, your daughter's new bodyguard. Thank you for giving me this opportunity, I promise not to let you down and take good care of your daughter." Yerin stepped into the frame and bowed at the camera.

"Thank you, Yerin-ssi. I apologize in advance, our daughter can be a bit troublesome at times." SinB's mother said sincerely, offending her daughter.

"You're meant to be on my side! I can take care of myself, eomma!" SinB whined, crossing her arms.

"Princess," Mr. Hwang sighed deeply, "We know your potential, but we also know how much our competitors want to take us down. To the point that they might hurt you. And besides, Yerin is one of the best members of the Hwang Protection Team."

"Keep your distance from me, Jung Yerin. At least six feet away from me in public." SinB commanded, pointing a finger at her.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, your parents ordered me to stay near you at all times," Yerin responded calmly.

"WHAT?! DOES THAT MEAN YOU'LL HAVE TO BE WITH ME IN SCHOOL TOO?!"

"Not necessarily, I'll just bring you to and pick you up from school." The latter responded in a normal tone, while SinB was completely freaking out.

To avoid their daughter's wrath, the parents ended the call, leaving SinB with alone Yerin again. There was tension between the two, so SinB decided to storm off and headed to her room.