Chapter II - I Don't Believe In Love

"Hi, SinB-ssi!" A bubbly voice said from behind.

Sowon, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, and Umji were at the cafeteria, having their lunch like all the other students.

SinB turned around and saw Dahyun with a massive smile on her, holding a box of chocolates in her hand. "For me?"

"Of course, who else?" The shorter, pale girl chuckled.

"Dahyun-ah, you know I can't and will never like you back romantically, right?" SinB raised an eyebrow at her, feeling quite cranky because her she just got disturbed during lunch.

"Yah! Don't be so mean to my cousin!" Sowon scolded the latter, slapping the back of her head.

"Ow!" SinB winced in pain. "I'm just telling the truth."

"Don't worry, I know.." Dahyun smiled sadly. "But can't I give this to you as a friend? If you don't want the chocolate, I can give it to someone e-"

"No! Give it to me!" SinB exclaimed and snatched the chocolatey delights from Dahyun's hands. She wasn't gonna pass up free food, not at all.

"Eat well, SinB-ssi. I have a new student I need to tour around the school." Dahyun informed before fleeing the scene.

"Your cousin is weird." The cat-like girl said to Sowon, munching on the chocolates as she did so.

"Yeah, but you don't have to be so harsh on her." Eunha interfered in their conversation. "Why can't you give anyone a chance?"

"Unnie, you know I don't believe in love. At least, not anymore." SinB furrowed her eyebrows.

"It never hurts to try! Don't you want us to set you up with someone?" Yuju asked, determined to get their friend a lover.

"What happened to 'don't find love because love comes to you'? The stuff our Muji always says!" The second-youngest girl in their friend group questioned angrily.

"YOU'RE not finding love because WE'RE finding love for you." Umji explained calmly. "Trust us, we only want what's best for you."

"Just leave me alone." SinB stood up abruptly and walked out to who knows where.

-Time Skip-

School was done for today but the girls didn't see SinB anywhere after lunch. They assumed she skipped classes and went to the mall.

But in reality, the mean girl was walking at the park to clear her mind. First, her identity is revealed. Second, she gets a bodyguard who annoys the living soul out of her. Last, her friends keep pestering her about her love life.

"Aish! Those weird girls!" She hissed at the air, a bothered expression plastered on her porcelain-smooth face. "Love life my ass."

"Ma'am, are you okay?" A man asked out of nowhere, standing in front of her.

"Huh?" SinB asked, a bit weirded out. "Who are you, sir?"

"Sorry, you don't know me. I just noticed you were upset. I'm Jackson Wang, nice to meet you." He held out his hand for a handshake.

"Hwang SinB..." SinB replied hesitantly but still shook his hand.

"Are you still upset? I can treat you to some ice cream if you'd like." Jackson smiled charmingly.

"No, thank you. But thanks for offering..." SinB retreated her hand awkwardly.

"Ms. Hwang," A feminine voice spoke from behind. The woman placed her hand on SinB's shoulder, startling her.

"YAH! WHO THE HELL- YOU AGAIN?!" SinB yelled angrily as she turned around.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school, ma'am?" The woman, who appeared to be Yerin, questioned the young master.