Life saving information

Italics = Parseltongue

'thoughts'

The next day was surprising in the least, if you asked Harry, even Snape seemed to be in on the plan.

Well it seemed liked it, he was treating Harry better, but by that it only meant he seemed to hate him less. But what surprised him most was what happened in Potions.

"Settle down." Snape drawled, pointlessly, as he strode into the room, cloak billowing. His mere presence was enough to quieten the class. Harry had begrudgingly been forced to work with Neville, who was another who didn't believe him.

"Today I am going to try something quite different. I want to know who works and who rides thecoattails of their partner." He looked over at Ron who scowled at him, and to Harry's surprise Neville.

"So I am going to assign partners."

"Granger and Nott." Theodore Nott looked disgusted, well Hermione may be smart but was an annoying Partner.

"Malfoy and Weasley." Ron looked disgusted.

"Crabbe and Longbottom."

"Goyle and Finnegan."

"Patil and Zabini."

"Brown and Davies."

"Parkinson and Thomas."

"And finally Greengrass and Potter." She actually looked pleased, and Snape seemed to have smiled at her for a fraction of a second. Harry walked over to her and sat down next to her. "Good afternoon Potter." She murmured politely.

"And you Greengrass."

As they began to set up they were talking quiet friendly actually. What was a surprise to Harry, but he was quite sure he knew what he was going to say to Parkinson's offer. Amusement flashed across Harry's face at the fighting between the other pairs.

"Don't seem to like each other, do they Potter?"

"No but I could hardly care the displeasure of my house mates."

"Well I am surprised to hear you say that."

"Well unlike your house Gryffindor, does not stick together."

"Why does that not surprise me? Though if I might say, you don't seem to fit in with them."

"Well why don't you ask Pansy, what I told her yesterday."

"Alright Potter you got me interested, so I shall. Oh and by the way meet he in the library after class."

He looked around for her and nodded at her, she nodded back. Then went back to arguing and taunting Thomas.

"So Potter could you go get the ingredients?"

He nodded and went off. The potions lesson went surprisingly well. He and Daphne were the only ones who actually got done, and Snape said it was perfect. This led to angry looks from a few Gryffindor, as if Harry had betrayed them in some way.

"Hey Potter." Daphne said before they left.

"Yeah?"

"Um er I don't know." She was getting shy, losing the mask Slytherin where famous for. "Would you like to work with me from now on." She managed to blurt out.

"Sure Greengrass I'd like that, but I think we should get on a first name basis. Harry Potter." He held out his hand.

"Daphne Greengrass." She shook his hand smirking.

"Well Daphne it been a pleasure."

"And you Harry. I may see you before Tuesday lesson." With that they left, Daphne heading for the Slytherin common room, and Harry for the Library. Snape stood in the shadows, a small smile gracing his countenance. As he got to the Library he wandered around before being yanked into a shadowy corner.