First day surprises and dealings

Silence filled the hall it seemed to go on for an eternity. You could see the poor girl shaking in fear. Muttering eventually broke out. There was a combination of disgust and puzzlement etched on nearly the whole tables faces.

Then suddenly a yell broke out

"TRAITOR!" Of course it was Ronald who yelled it. The girl shook more and more, as more Gryffindor's started to yell.

The noise reached its peak when the whole house was yelling. Dumbledore tried to stop this on multiple attempts, well more like constant. But he was unsuccessful.

Finally taking pity on the pathetic girl, Astoria strode proudly up to the stool took her hand and led the girl over to her new table. She looked like she was about to cry tell Astoria muttered something to her. With this she suddenly stiffened up. Moments after this she was sat next to Astoria.

Unwanted or not she was still a Slytherin now and they put up a united front. So for the sake of the reputation of Slytherin house the girl would need protection.

The noise did eventually stop and Dumbdlore began to speak. "Ah well yes quiet a number of you have changed haven't you. For better or worse these changes are final. I would hope that now the initial shock is over you will not let this come between friendships that have been forged over the years. This was when his gaze lingered over Slytherin and Gryffindor for a fraction longer then the other two tables. On too other business this year we have to changes in staffing. The first being Proffesor Grubbly-Plank. She will be taking Care of Magical Creatures classes, while Proffesor Hagrid is on temporary leave." Polite applause followed. The other let us welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Delores Umbridge." Just as when people were about to clap a noise occurred.

"Hem hem." Dumbdlore looked around.

It was hard to tell but the short witch had stood up. Many students looked scandalized at this women's boldness to
dare interrupt Dumbledore. Harry found the looks on their faces amusing hard to believe and slightly disgusted he use to be like that. He has the fight the urge to laugh.

"If I may Proffesor Dumbledore."

He nodded politely and went to sit back down. At this point Umbridge began to speak.

"Well I must say I am excited to be back at Hogwarts after all these years." A few students snickered. She ignored it.

"As much has changed, much has also stayed the same. But sometimes progress for the sake of progress muss be discouraged and things kept as how they are. The ability you have will come to nothing if you do not perfect what you already can do, before advancing further. This is also how the Ministry of Magic sees it as well. They see your
education as the number one priority at the current date. The Progress we saw tonight was a good progress but we
should see less of this progress. To keep this noble school at the stands, your parents have come to expect over the
years. I must say I am disappointed at the treatment from some houses towards some of their ex members. That is why I am docking one hundred points from Gryffindor for their out bursts." This led to an uproar from there table but she continued talking. "Also you the Ginger haired loud mouth." She pointed a short finger at the Weasel. "You will be seeing me for detention for the next seven nights starting tomorrow." This led to more yelling. "Oh we can't have this
fifty more points from Gryffindor." This made them get the message and shut them all up even Ronald. She flashed a
quick smile at the Slytherin table directed at Ginny. Who smiled weakly back. There where indeed one hundred and fifty black rubies in the Gryffndor hour glass. "I would like to award fifty points to Slytherin for the warm and opening welcoming of your new members." Every Slytherin kept the face neutral but this was nothing new. There were no angry out bursts at this tho. Maybe someone had put a silencing charm on Ronald. Harry snickered at this thought. He whispered it to Daphne who also Snickered.